Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: TV-Shows  (Read 88940 times)
Zodiac_Kitten
Buntla-na
Ritlua

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 08:51:25 pm »

Yeah Heroes went downhill realllly fast, then again so has prison break for me after the second season i just couldnt watch anymore lol

Now i'm watchign all 14 seasons of ER. One show i can easily say i dont get sick of, same goes for Law and Order SVU
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 08:31:08 am »

I just started watching the dub of Sailor Moon. I watched the first 24 episodes of season one in the last two days. It makes me feel like I'm in the fourth grade again. I might just continue the marathon through finals week and see if I can get to the end of season three (the last season that I have).  Cheesy

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 08:53:36 am »

Wow, Sailor Moon in english. That makes me nostalgic.  Cheesy I loved watching that show on Toonami with my brother when I was 7. I recently watched most of Gundam Wing online, another show I used to watch all those years ago on tv. I love the Gundam franchise; space battles and mecha are oddly satisfying to watch. Smiley
Otter
Ritlua

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 09:29:03 pm »

You all are making me so nostalgic.  I loved those days of watching those shows with friends..I may be checking them out again, now that you guys mentioned it!  Those were the days...

Yes, we are part of this universe.  We are in this universe.  But perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the universe is in us.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 11:35:54 am »

Friday Night Lights. Love it so much.

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 04:29:06 am »

Hope, nobody minds, but I have changed the title because it has always bothered me that I obviously had used as title a "false friend". I think "series" is more the word for "season", while in German "Serie" stands for TV-show in general.

I have been on a beautiful round trip to Wales (deeply fell in love with Wales) and England in May, ending in London. Oh my, could have spent a fortune there on DVDs, but one, ah, show  Grin I bought there and am watching since is "Being human". That's about a vampire, a ghost and a werewolf living together. I am not into all those vampire stories, but I like that one. Nice! Once again, it is a British show that will also be made into a US version. But I like the UK original well enough. I will never understand, why British series have to be re-shot for the US market.
Khantael
Ritlua

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 01:09:47 pm »

Being Human is very good!

I've been watching the first season of Fringe recently - a friend lent me her DVDs. I'm liking it so far, but not done with it yet.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 02:31:33 pm »

I just noticed I don't really watch German tv...uhm...

I was pleasently surprised by Vampire Diaries. It's more complex and the character are much more likeable than I thought... I intended to watch so I could mock it (stress relief of something  Tongue) but I kinda fell in love with it by episode six. Not activ in fandom, though.

Supernatural is on probation right now...

Further, I enjoy Doctor Who (...and used to really like Torchwood, too) and I tried Being Human and while there was no thing that bothered me I didn't particular like it either.  Huh

And then there are series I don't watch regularly like Criminal Minds (on probation, too <>.<>) or White Collar but catch up on eventually.

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 12:05:30 pm »

In the meantime I have watched the second season of "Being human" and liked it, too. I am very much looking forward to the third one, especially since I heard that it will be set in dear Cardiff. Yes! Poor Cardiff, though, the Rift, weevils, loads of other nasty aliens and now vampires and werewolves, too! Grin

I don't really know what I like about "Being human", I just do. I have lent it to a friend who is a vampire fan, but she could not get into it, either. It just has a certain kind of charm for me. I especially like George, the hysterical werewolf, but the others have grown on me, too.

Lately, I have watched "Glee", because I saw one episode while I was in the UK. Rather shallow and silly, but nice. I liked the way they used music in the show.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 12:34:26 pm »

Normally I would say that it bothers me that people fall in love in the course of one or two episodes but I'm not shure if that's it. I liked the characters, I liked their friendship and there where episodes I loved (like the one were Annie meets uhm... I forgot the name but he played Adam in Torchwood) but in the end it was just... 'nice' for me... ah well, different people.

Oh yes, Glee is kinda silly, the timeline is wonky at best and the characterizations are often very uneven but at the same time it's fun. I like the music (they made me love their 'Hello' from Lionel Richie which I didn't think would ever happen  Grin) but I'm a bit baffled that it's regarded like the best thing ever happen to TV... perhaps it's the 'matter of opinion' thingie I hear so much about...

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 09:59:13 am »

I have spent the last two weeks with "Life on Mars", the original UK version. Since "Torchwood" and "Doctor Who" I have become a sucker for British TV shows. Very, very good, that one. John Simm was playing marvellously. Unbelievable, that the nice and kind Sam Tyler has been played by the same guy as the totally unhinged and evil Master in DW.
One of the many aspects I love about British TV shows is what I call "actor recycling", that you cannot watch one without meeting a lot of familiar faces because the actor's pool is much smaller than in the US, of course. Apart from Philip Glenister himself I met two others from "Hornblower", for example. No Ioan Gruffudd, unfortunately.  Grin
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 02:32:58 pm »

I am currently obsessed with Torchwood. I'm waiting until the weekend to start season 3, Children of Earth, so I don't stay up all night during the week watching it instead of doing homework. There are so many things about the show that I love, especially the exploration of sexuality, relationships, and group dynamic. Plus, there's Captain Jack Harkness. That is a reason in and of itself for me to love it.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 06:28:06 am »

Oh, please tell me what you thought on season 3 once you're finished. It split the fandom in two.^^;

TabulaRasa
Ka'redan

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 04:45:37 pm »

I'm fan of way too many shows.  But anyway... I like Glee, Supernatural, Dexter, Lost, ER, anything Doctor Who related (Torchwood), and Six Feet Under.  And there's more that I can't think of.  Jeeze, I watch too many shows, though thankfully not all at once.  This is probably because there is nothing to do in my town.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 07:54:50 pm »

Luckily, about half of the shows I like are off the air, because if they weren't, I'd have no spare time. Still on the air, though, I'm currently following NCIS, the Mentalist, Criminal Minds and Law and Order: SVU. :\

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: