Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: TV-Shows  (Read 88930 times)
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« on: April 05, 2010, 06:23:49 am »

So, what are you watching? Any interesting new series we in old Europe  Grin can look forward to seeing some time, Science Fiction, especially? Or, otherwise?

I am watching the last season of dear beloved "Battlestar Galactica" now, on German TV. I have seen most of it before online, but not yet the last episodes. And I am very much looking forward to "Caprica". Anyone seen it? I read that it is now in its mid season break. Is it any good?

As I am desperate for good - or any watchable! - SF, I am still trying to watch and like "Stargate Universe". I was never into the Stargate franchise, but I thought I would give this one a chance. Hm. Not yet there.

And I have just watched the first episode of the new "Doctor Who". Yes! Liked it very much. I still don't get it, because it is so unlike the kind of SF I usually like. But, Who, ah, who cares, I like it.  Cheesy

As for other series, the latest season of "Grey's anatomy" has just started here on TV. I only started to watch it last season because of dear Kevin "Lucius Vorenus" McKidd. But it is a little bit much of soap opera and I am kind of sick of hospital and doctor shows.

And, last but definitely least, I so do not want to ever have to watch "Desperate Housewives" again because I think it is the most silly TV show ever, but unfortunately dear John "Captain Jack" Barrowman started there. I am still trying to figure wether I can survive to watch the few episodes he is in. Maybe not.

Noboby feel offended, please, just my thoughts on those shows! God knows I have a strange taste in everything.  Grin
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 04:20:14 am by grisel » Logged
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 06:54:12 am »

I don't usually watch current television sci-fi, although I did watch some of Battlestar Galactica. On tv now, I currently watch The Mentalist, Law and Order: SVU and occasionally Criminal Minds.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Shaz
Jii-klala
Ritlua

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 02:00:18 pm »

The Big Bang Theory is a surprisingly funny comedy. And I usually can't stand American sitcoms.

We're just now getting around to watching the episodes of V we recorded in, October I think? Not bad.

Other than that, I'm not watching much. The Tiny Overlord doesn't approve of anything not involving her.  Cheesy

Baby Blog: http://thetinyoverlord.blogspot.com/

Science Blog: http://rdascience.blogspot.com/

I am made of the stuff of the stars, and the oceans flow through my veins
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 02:18:05 pm »

I have my TV pics on the Author page of my site. I started watching Caprica but fell off at the end...

Janeway
Captain
Ritlua

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:16:02 pm »

I have 4 main shows that I follow: Criminal Minds, CSI, CSI: New York and my favourite, Supernatural.

Other favourite show I am really, really looking forward to is Season 3 of True Blood. Can't wait!  Have to say that every HBO mini series I've watched so far has been awesome (Rome, The Tudors, Generation Kill etc.).

I confess to watching a bit of Gossip Girl, but it was only because 2 of my best friends did and they were always talking about it...
mikebrennan
Ritlua

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 01:46:55 pm »

Yes, Battlestar Galactica will always be a favorite. Caprica is a very cool prequel. It's not the standard singular plot you might expect, there's some really interesting characters and concepts. So far there have been one or two nods to the BSG series, but so far they're keeping it to a minimum.

I was sorta bored with Stargate Universe too, but I just saw the premier of the second half of ssn 1, called "Space" where things REALLY pick up and totally change the direction of the show, so I recommend you hang on until episode 11. Has anyone caught any of the animated series Star Wars: Clone Wars?

Supernatural is also really cool Smiley

For comedies, I've recently gotten into the really clever and intelligent comedy "Psych".
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 09:47:39 am »

I'm starting to getting used to "Stargate Universe". I like TV shows that put the focus on the characters and their relationships and conflicts. If they keep on doing that instead of showing us the "planet of the week" I might stay on.

I am very much looking forward to "The Pacific". I loved "Band of brothers". Did it already run in the US? I do hope that they show this one on German TV, too.

As for older TV shows, I am proud and happy owner of "Band of brothers", "Rome", "Battlestar Galactica", "Torchwood", "Prison break", "Firefly", "North and south", "Hornblower", "Cadfael", "Sharpe", "Doctor Who", "Generation Kill", "Queer as folk US". Those are the best and most beloved, the ones I just have to own. What a mixture!  Grin
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 10:19:03 am »

Yeah, I own Band of Brothers, too. One of my roommates and I are going through it when we're not doing homework (which is unfortunately too often)... we're on episode six now. It's fantastic. I love Damian Lewis and Ron Livingston in it.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 02:47:30 am »

In BOB I was especially surprised by Donny Wahlberg. I had no idea that he could act, just knew him as one the NKOTB. My best friend loved them when we were teens, but I never was into boy bands.
It was a great cast in BOB.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 08:32:26 am »

Yeah. Donnie Walhberg was great, too. And Neal McDonough. Actually, superb acting was something the movie (well, mini-series) didn't lack at all.

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 03:16:56 am »

Yeah, it showed that sometimes it is a very good choice to stay away from the big names and give the more unknown actors a chance.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 09:23:58 am »

True that.

Zodiac_Kitten
Buntla-na
Ritlua

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 01:25:34 pm »

I'm still not big on sci-fi XD believe it or not. Does Red Dwarf count? XD

non sci-fi though, i'm hooked on prison break, never saw it when it came out cause i didnt have cable but now i have netflix and they have the whole series. Cant seem to stop watching it.
MukiMichael
Ritlua

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 02:29:00 pm »

Most of the shows I loved like Prison Break, Heroes, and Lost usually end up turning to crap by the second season so I have lost faith in TV. My favourite TV shows are The Wire, The Sopranos and Oz. I still intend on getting back into Lost, having left the show during the third season.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 03:16:13 pm »

Same thing happened to me, too. I loved the first season of Heroes...and then the second season came around and it all went downhill from there. Same with Lost. When it first aired, I watched with my parents because it reminded me of an adult version of a children's trilogy I had read by Gordan Korman about being stranded on an interesting island. That show...went downhill very quickly and it's pretty obvious that the writers were pulling stuff out of their butts for the successive seasons. Seriously, I get lost just watching it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: