Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Movies and such  (Read 17586 times)
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 08:19:06 pm »

I love Pandorum! It was surprisingly good, considering how picky I am about science fiction mixing with the horror genre. The trailer didn't do it any justice.
Zodiac_Kitten
Buntla-na
Ritlua

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 09:33:06 am »

I love Pandorum! It was surprisingly good, considering how picky I am about science fiction mixing with the horror genre. The trailer didn't do it any justice.

Likewise i'm really picky as well, we only decided to watch it cause the description on netflix sounded funny XD and we wanted a godo sci fi movie to laugh  at how bad it was. But it surprised us with its goodness lol
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 09:44:33 am »

The only reason I saw it was because I was at a friend's house and he put on a movie, which happened to be Pandorum. At first I was half-expecting him to make fun of it, as we often watch Mystery Science Theater 3000 together, but then he gave a glowing review of it, so I decided to give it a chance.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 08:56:51 am »

Gosh, it's so quiet around here. Better start posting stuff again.

Anyway, has anyone seen Inception yet? I saw it yesterday and thought it was fantastic. Not only was the plot great, but the execution was such that I didn't get confused at all throughout the movie which, considering the subject matter, is an impressive feat. The the pacing was slow enough to build up to the main "mission," develop the characters, and set up the situations, but fast enough to keep me engaged the whole time. And the musical motif throughout the movie was my favorite Edith Piaf song "Non, je re regrette rien." I would recommend this movie to anyone.
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 04:08:15 pm »

Gosh, it's so quiet around here. Better start posting stuff again.

Anyway, has anyone seen Inception yet? I saw it yesterday and thought it was fantastic. Not only was the plot great, but the execution was such that I didn't get confused at all throughout the movie which, considering the subject matter, is an impressive feat. The the pacing was slow enough to build up to the main "mission," develop the characters, and set up the situations, but fast enough to keep me engaged the whole time. And the musical motif throughout the movie was my favorite Edith Piaf song "Non, je re regrette rien." I would recommend this movie to anyone.

I saw it this week. I enjoyed it but it left me a little cold. Didn't really attach to any of the characters (and I tend to love everything Leo has ever done), besides Cobb, none of the others were developed.  It didn't blow my mind like The Matrix did, and people have been kind of touting it on that level...so I don't know.

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 12:53:02 pm »

I feel like everyone has seen Inception but me. o_O;

I just had to say I now have "Non, je re regrette rien." playing in my head and it wont stop. Argh. That happened after I watched 'La vie en rose' and lasted for five days straight. x__X

The last movie I watched at the cinema was... Sherlock Holmes I think? I dragged my mother and my sister (who fell asleep halfway through cause she had a very hard day) with me cause I don't like going to the cinema alone. I think. Never even tried.

/random post is random.

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 02:58:32 pm »

Nonsense, your post is relevent. Smiley

Funny that you mention 'La Vie en Rose,' as that movie is the reason why I can recognize some of Edith Piaf's songs (and how I know who she is).

What did you think of Sherlock Holmes? I enjoyed it for it's steampunkishness (oh look, I made a new word! Wink) and it's stays closer to the original crime-solving eccentric and his trusty sidekick.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 07:09:16 am »

Heh, it's the same with me. I knew 'Non, je ne regrette rien' (love it) and 'Milord' before, but know I recognize her and her songs everytime they play one in the radio. ^_^

I loved 'Sherlock Holmes'! They got Watson right, so I never could've hated it. It was so much fun and they were indeed closer to the original than many other Sherlock Holmes Movie. The only thing that was really different was that Holmes (if I remember the books right) was a very clean person. Oh and of course Irene Adlers role was bigger than in the books. Again. *eyeroll* I'm already waiting for the sequel. *_*
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:13:13 pm by Aziraphale » Logged

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2011, 07:19:25 pm »

*dusts the thread*

Sooo since I just watched a movie I waited years for (Soukyuu no Fafner- Heaven & Earth (anime)... in japanese... I have NO idea what everyone said (except some random words one picks up after some years), but it was awesome! *waiting for the subs*) I thought I'd ask what movie everyone else here is waiting for? Or which movies you just know you're going to watch. Or just wish they would make already.

My (short) list:

Sherlock Holmes II
The Avengers
Batman - The Dark Knight Rises
Star Trek 2

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 05:36:43 pm »

Talking to myself... ~

Is anyone going to watch Prometheus? I thought about it, but... this new trailer is just so... not my taste. Much too scary.

http://www.movies.spoilertv.com/2012/02/prometheus-new-teaser-trailer.html

Does someone no what it is about exactly? I always saw just promo pics.

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 06:20:02 pm »

I think I will go see Prometheus because I'm a sucker for that kind of scifi movie. Space suits! Scary aliens! Michael Fassbender! And it's an Alien prequel-not-prequel-maybe(?)-prequel that looks like it has an interesting story. I like both Alien and Aliens, but I didn't watch the other sequels because they looked, well, like gratuitous killing with a semi-plot. Perhaps this isn't true, but that's the impression I got. I hope this movie is well-written.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 03:31:27 pm »

I actually am not really scared by horror movies and such... I just can't stand people begging for their lives and crying... I immediately start to bawl. So yeah... but I do kinda want to see some Sci Fi in the cinema. >.< I'm torn.

Random advertising ahoy:

I bring you the trailer for a film Chris Colfer (aka Kurt from Glee) wrote himself. He also plays the main role:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ql1c3fs20SI

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 05:13:41 pm »

Is anyone going to watch Prometheus? I thought about it, but... this new trailer is just so... not my taste. Much too scary.

I'm afraid I'll have to because it is such a nice coincidence that it has both actors in its cast that were the latest addition to my collection of (more or less) gorgeous and talented Brits, Idris Elba and Sean Harris. But it won't be in the cinema, I think. Funnily I never cared for the "Alien" movies, no. 1 bored me senseless.
But I think the trailer looks kind of nice. Not nice-nice, but, cool, somehow.

Does someone no what it is about exactly? I always saw just promo pics.

I think nobody knows yet what it is about because there seems to be a ridiculously strict no information policy.
TabulaRasa
Ka'redan

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 08:35:00 pm »

I bring you the trailer for a film Chris Colfer (aka Kurt from Glee) wrote himself. He also plays the main role:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ql1c3fs20SI

I'm kind of looking forward to that.  It'll be interesting to see him on something other than Glee.

I'm also looking forward to the Hunger Games
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 10:31:04 am »

Have you seen the new trailer for "Prometheus"? Nice! I have not been to the cinema for a long time, with the DVDs coming so soon, but maybe I'll make an exception for this one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: