Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: We seem to have a problem with spam again...  (Read 15893 times)
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 06:50:31 am »

I deleted it. The spammers don't actually read the forum, I doubt. They just send their bots out there. I've been banning them 6 ways to Sunday, so hopefully that's why they don' t return that readily. It's not just a deletion, I track down their computers and send assassins after them. Smiley

Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 09:35:20 am »

I bet you do have assassins.  Cheesy

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
TabulaRasa
Ka'redan

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 02:03:19 pm »

I just got a mental image of an assassin-priest tracking down a computer and smashing it to bits. Cheesy
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 02:43:12 pm »

That is a very amusing image. Smiley Glad to see that spam doesn't get out of hand in this forum.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 01:01:42 pm »

I can't believe I just reported 7 (!) spam-threads... WTF?
Btw: Is it even necessary to report them? I wouldn't like to feed your message box or something, if you see them right when you visit the forum next time?!

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 12:42:05 pm »

I can't believe I just reported 7 (!) spam-threads... WTF?
Btw: Is it even necessary to report them? I wouldn't like to feed your message box or something, if you see them right when you visit the forum next time?!

These idiots are unbelievable. I seriously don't know how they're able to do all of that if they're spambots or what. I'm banning them.

Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 12:43:59 pm »

Er, I don't see the spam now...

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 04:33:09 pm »

Yoe mean you don't see the spam-threads I reported or you don't see them because you computer is nuts at the moment? A few hours after I reported them someone was online with a red username and an 'Admin' behind the name... was that you or is there another person who can delete threads? .~

Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 06:25:07 pm »

Yoe mean you don't see the spam-threads I reported or you don't see them because you computer is nuts at the moment? A few hours after I reported them someone was online with a red username and an 'Admin' behind the name... was that you or is there another person who can delete threads? .~

I didn't see the posts. That must've been my sister, who set up the forum for me. She has Admin status. Thanks sis!

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 03:59:19 pm »

I didn't see the posts. That must've been my sister, who set up the forum for me. She has Admin status. Thanks sis!

Oh, that explains it. Then I say 'Thank you', too. :3
And the newest one is gone, too. I really wonder how these spam-bots work and how they find places to post... and who is stupid enough to really klick the links, so the people creating them *keep* creating them? It's not like we never get warned against them in the media... @__@

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 02:55:03 pm »

You'd be surprised, Aziraphale. There are plenty of stupid people out there.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 03:23:09 pm »

You'd be surprised, Aziraphale. There are plenty of stupid people out there.

Hm, I guess that's true... or they're really desperate... to play golf. One of the threads was about golf. It was kinda bizzare. @_@

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: