Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: What prequel story would you like to see?  (Read 16519 times)
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 02:29:06 pm »

If I ever get to write more books in the series, I planned one from Ash's point-of-view. It would basically be the structure of a tragedy, or something along the lines of Gladiator (where the protagonist dies in the end). It would be a total challenge to write and I think I need to be a better writer to handle it -- but I'd love the challenge.

I actually don't think the Omake would take away from the series. They're a blessing for me as a writer because they're a way to flesh out the universe without the structure of a novel, which can be limiting to what you can show depending on the overall plot of that one book. So I have a lot of impetus and inspiration from you guys. It's amazing for me!

MukiMichael
Ritlua

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2010, 11:14:35 pm »

Karin, are you already working on a fourth book that picks up after the events of Cagebird with a new protagonist or will it be a successor to Warchild?
Anudar
Ritlua

Arkhonte de l'Ellada

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2010, 01:27:15 am »

As for myself, I would rather enjoy a prequel story about Nikolas-dan growing on Aaian-na. This should be very interesting, I think, to see a human child grow among striviirc-na people. Remember this scene in Warchild when we meet him for the first time. He's human but seems alien even to the eyes of Jos who is only nine years old. I would like to see the building of this alien-ness in a human being !

mocknot
Ritlua

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2010, 10:19:12 pm »

Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I think Evan's point of view of the Macedon would be interesting to read. I'd love to hear his observations of the three protagonists.

Honestly though, I'd take anything Smiley.
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2010, 12:11:12 pm »

Karin, are you already working on a fourth book that picks up after the events of Cagebird with a new protagonist or will it be a successor to Warchild?

I'm not hardcore working on it but I've been getting little snippets... it'll be from Rick's point of view. And actually I'm considering posting little lines from it...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:13:27 pm by Karin Low » Logged

Otter
Ritlua

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2010, 04:39:33 pm »

totally forgot you mentioned that a potential 4th novel would be from Rick's point of view.  I would thoroughly enjoy that POV, especially with the deception from his father in Black Ops

Hey, I'll take snippets! Tongue Snippets are definitely a good thing!

Yes, we are part of this universe.  We are in this universe.  But perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the universe is in us.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2010, 08:41:18 pm »

totally forgot you mentioned that a potential 4th novel would be from Rick's point of view.  I would thoroughly enjoy that POV, especially with the deception from his father in Black Ops

Hey, I'll take snippets! Tongue Snippets are definitely a good thing!

Dude, I am dying to write it, really. Because it would basically be an espionage novel. I planned it to sort of be the opposite of the previous 3 books - Rick is a textbook soljet, and his journey would be one of tearing down, rather than building back up. But it'd still end on a note of hope in some way, or at least one of change.

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 02:52:30 pm »

I planned it to sort of be the opposite of the previous 3 books - Rick is a textbook soljet, and his journey would be one of tearing down, rather than building back up.
Now I want to read it even more! Smiley
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2010, 01:58:12 pm »

Okay, English is not my native language (and my grammar kind of sucks...) but reading is no problem... and so I found these books a few weeks ago. I read them slightly out of order course 'Burndive' just wouldn't find the way to me and I couldn't wait... and I want more. I want to know more about these wonderful characters... Especially:
Rick O'Neil
I don't know why but the few scenes he head made me really like the guy... and now I'm depressed that book four would have been from his perspective. It's one thing to know you can't have something and another to know you could have something, IF... u_u
I wanted his perspective course I'm interested in what the people on Archangel thought about the things going on on Macedon and cause it means to learn more about Dorr (I guess).
Cairo Azarcon
I kind of have a crush on him or something... so everything with him in it is fine. I adore his relationship to Ryan and...uhm... his almost kind of 'fatherly' (or like an uncle) relationship with Jos. (Perhaps not the best way to describe it, but I just don't have the vocabulary)
Evan D'Silva
He is one of my favourites and he could tell us more about how the pirates besides Falcone worked. I think it would frighten me half to death to read what happened to him but it would interest me... Then there is the Jos/Evan-kind-of-friendship which I really like. Evan could tell us more about Jos and how the other jets react to those two and how Jos reacts to Yuri (and maybe Finch).
Speaking of... the viewpoint of Finch would be interesting, too... but perhaps in snippets or something.
Finally: Falcone. Oh boy would I like to know how he became what he was... nobody is born evil or wakes up one morning 'Ah well, I think I would make a pretty good pirate...'
*rambles*

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: