Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What prequel story would you like to see?  (Read 16518 times)
sejones
Ritlua

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 10:56:46 pm »

Niko, definitely. Cairo would be my second choice.

Being walkers with the dawn and morning,
Walkers with the sun and morning,
We are not afraid of night,
Nor days of gloom,
Nor darkness--
Being walkers with the sun and morning.
-Langston Hughes
Khantael
Ritlua

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 08:14:50 am »

Admiral Ashrafi's prequel could be quite interesting...
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 08:56:50 am »

Hmm... I'd never thought of Ashrafi. I suppose I don't know enough about Ashrafi's story to have ever thought of that. The parts where he takes in Cairo would certainly be interesting, but I'd thought of that from Cairo's point of view. And Karin seems to always write about young people... but yeah, he certainly would have some views on the war and battles and politics that we've never seen before and that could certainly be interesting.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 02:31:56 pm »

I'd like to see Cairo from Ashrafi's POV. That must have been interesting. Cheesy

And now that I think about it, I want to hear more about Piotr. I love that guy.
Otter
Ritlua

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 08:26:40 pm »

Ashrafi's would definitely be interesting, especially with raising a teenage Cairo through his eyes.  I'd be down for that for sure.

I'm thinking Ash-dan's would be an interesting background.  I hardly think there was never strife between Ash and Niko, and since we already gain a good deal of insight into Niko's point of view in Warchild, we could see Ash's thought processes and actions going from a loyal ka'redan to a traitor.  Definitely won't have a happy ending, but tracing his life would no doubt be intriguing  Wink

Yes, we are part of this universe.  We are in this universe.  But perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the universe is in us.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 09:02:11 pm »

On that note, yes, I would like to see Ash-dan's perspective on what he was doing. After all, one man's traitor is another's freedom fighter. I also got the impression that he didn't believe that the things he had done were treason.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 02:26:54 pm »

Cairo Azarcon and the Macedon. I'd like to know more about his time before and after Falcone, and I'd also like to see how the Macedon got its reputation. Also, I'm hoping for an omake at the very least explaining how Erret Dorr came to be on the ship. Smiley

I have indeed written that omake. Smiley

MukiMichael
Ritlua

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 04:24:19 am »

How about a novel with three different perspectives instead of three different enviroments? Like Falcone, Cairo, and the Warchild as the protagonists. I think that would be cool.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 09:20:52 am »

On that note, yes, I would like to see Ash-dan's perspective on what he was doing. After all, one man's traitor is another's freedom fighter. I also got the impression that he didn't believe that the things he had done were treason.

That's exactly how I have read him. He just had different thoughts about how to fight this war. I remember that we did have some interesting discussions about Ash.
MukiMichael
Ritlua

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 12:43:46 pm »

That's exactly how I have read him. He just had different thoughts about how to fight this war. I remember that we did have some interesting discussions about Ash.

When I first read Warchild and came to the part were it was revealed that Ash had sided with the Pirates to gain an advantage against Earthub, I was hoping one day to see a story from his point of view. He was a great character and probably the most discussed character with my friends and family who read the book. Do the ends justify the means, and at what cost? Great character.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 01:26:58 pm »

I also wouldn't mind something from Evan's pov on the Shiva.

MukiMichael
Ritlua

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 09:42:54 pm »

Do you any of you think that IF Karin wrote half of these stories it would take away from and diminish the world thats been created?
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 02:40:13 pm »

Personally, I think it would raise even more questions, at least for me. The books themselves only scratched the surface and I think the omake will be satisfying (after all, we're asking for these stories to be written) but will probably reveal something intriguing that I'll want to know more about.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 03:08:45 pm by Andtheodyssey » Logged
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 02:48:04 pm »

Do you any of you think that IF Karin wrote half of these stories it would take away from and diminish the world thats been created?

Nope.

The only thing that frustrates me about the Warchild Universe is how much that is left unsaid.

Otter
Ritlua

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 08:57:02 am »

I also wouldn't mind something from Evan's pov on the Shiva.

YES! I always wanted to know what happened to the rest (Evan especially) when Jos woke up to find them all gone.  Also,  I would love to see the scene where Evan and Yuri first meet, from Evan's point of view.

Yes, we are part of this universe.  We are in this universe.  But perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the universe is in us.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: