Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What prequel story would you like to see?  (Read 16517 times)
MukiMichael
Ritlua

« on: March 19, 2010, 10:08:57 pm »

A lot in Warchild is hinted at; the war between Earthhub and Aaina-na, the history of Azarcon's family and Macedon, conflicts on Earth and Falcone's history as a pirate. I was wondering which story you'd like to see more developed into a novel?

Personally I'd love to read an entire book on the history of Macedon, particularly the battles and skirmishes that made it the ship that it is in the books we have today. Exploring the characters alreadt established in Warchid would be great too.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 10:20:43 pm »

FALCONE!

Hands down.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 09:49:40 am »

Cairo Azarcon and the Macedon. I'd like to know more about his time before and after Falcone, and I'd also like to see how the Macedon got its reputation. Also, I'm hoping for an omake at the very least explaining how Erret Dorr came to be on the ship. Smiley

I'd also like to know more about Niko and his family, but Karin already expressed her desire to write a book from Enas-dan's POV if/when she gets the chance.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:59:16 pm »

I presume that Cairo with Falcone could end up with Falcone's... but Cairo would be good as well, for the reverse reasoning. I'd also like to know what Cairo's life as a kid was like.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
MukiMichael
Ritlua

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 09:13:05 am »

For me the relationships on the ship, the descriptions of the battles/operations, and the culture of ship life in general is what was most interesting in Warchild.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 10:54:13 am »

Hmm... well, I like the Mac portions of the Warchild books, of course. How could you not like the parts with Erret? And Erret with Jos? And Erret with Siddy?  Grin

The thing is, though, in my thinking the military is the military and it isn't too different much of anywhere you go. It was nice, but nothing unfamiliar. Of course, that's true for much military sci-fi. The standard always seems to fall somewhere between the space marines from Aliens and the Mobile Infantry from Starship Troopers (with the occasional Star Wars Storm Trooper theme if the military-government complex in the book is supposed to be a bad thing). There isn't too much variation. And if you want to get into military culture, you can add in movies and memoirs from WWII to the Iraqi War and it's basically the same mark as anything else. Not that this is a bad thing. Military and military sci-fi are two of my favorite genres. But nothing is ever too unfamiliar.

With that being said, I liked the parts of Warchild when Jos was in training and I did like the shorts given on the Macedon, particularly the Halloween party. That was fun.  Cheesy

More of the technical aspects of the space military could be interesting. Or more technical aspects in general, actually. I'd personally like to know more about the Hub, how it's set up, how it's run, the different areas and stations and all of that. What regions are close to striv space and where Falcone operates and if the expanse from Earth was in all directions and if so, does that mean that there are territories on the opposite side of the Earth in Hub space from striv territory and Falcone's territory where nothing ever happents?

Shaz
Jii-klala
Ritlua

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 02:46:05 pm »

Niko's story, and Cairo's. Although I don't see the Captain allowing that.

Baby Blog: http://thetinyoverlord.blogspot.com/

Science Blog: http://rdascience.blogspot.com/

I am made of the stuff of the stars, and the oceans flow through my veins
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 07:01:45 pm »

Lol on the last part, Shaz. I'd enjoy that, too, though.  Wink

I'd also enjoy Niko, although I didn't think that counted as prequel, as Bae had intended to write a book to that end (and hopefully one day will).

Thinking back to my make up on the Hub thought, if you really want to go prequel, I think a formation of the Hub thing would be interesting, going back to when space was frontier-ish and the stations were just starting to form up, seeing how everything sort of came to be, with the pioneer and political aspects (did I mention I'd like to know more about the Hub politics in general? But then, I am a useless poli-sci major). Anyway, I would think all that neat.

Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 08:26:21 pm »

I'm going to be referring to this thread for upcoming omakes... as well as the old thread on the old board (don't worry, I haven't forgotten! things just keep cropping up...)

Melangell
Ritlua

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 08:32:52 am »

I'd say Cairo for sure. Though the others all sound interesting. I'd say also interested in Nikko's parents story - though we know the basics already. Haha, the image of little Nikko is currently amusing me.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 08:54:45 am »

I can't imagine Niko as a child.

Shaz
Jii-klala
Ritlua

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 12:15:30 pm »

I can. He would have been one of those children who was always serious, although I currently have a picture in my head of him crying over spilling juice.

Baby Blog: http://thetinyoverlord.blogspot.com/

Science Blog: http://rdascience.blogspot.com/

I am made of the stuff of the stars, and the oceans flow through my veins
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 06:07:11 pm »

Interesting... where'd you get that idea from? I kind of like the image.

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 07:46:25 pm »

Niko as a child...that is an interesting image. I keep imagining this solemn little boy standing around patiently while his little brother gets into trouble.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 09:02:37 pm »

Lol. Now Ash-dan I can imagine as a child. A little hellion, but yes, as a child.  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: