Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good books?  (Read 46979 times)
cclickyppp
Ritlua

« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2011, 10:39:25 am »

right now i'm reading.. well, nothing except academic books - which are horribly annoying and boring when you always 'ave ta keep analyzing the scheiße out of them. ughhhh. however, i did just finish up The Lucifer Code by Charles Brokaw which was fairly interesting and action packed! Brokaw writes especially like Dan Brown, but even tho the critics hail it as up to par with something like The Da Vinci Code i thought it was somewhat low-key in the history department.. it did have a bunch, but nowhere near as much "reality" as Brown's books.

but that's right! i'm going to go and get The Gaslight Dogs soon so at least i can read for fun again Smiley

"Azrael."
"Yes, Captain?" I nearly fall out of my seat getting up.
"Where's Kent?"
"Dutifully returning work to its rightful owners," I smirk.
"Damn... some of that was mine," I smirk wider...
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2011, 03:09:59 pm »

but that's right! i'm going to go and get The Gaslight Dogs soon so at least i can read for fun again Smiley

I'm waiting for the german release... just because. I kinda want to see how they "translate" Karins writing style.  Grin

I started to read Jonathan Strouds Bartimaeus books a few days ago. Well, I did jump from book one to book three because I wanted to know more about Ptolemy so badly and I only had the money for one book after reading the first.

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2012, 08:51:39 pm »

Do you ever get the feeling that you'd like to re-read a book but it has been years, since you last read it and now you're afraid it's not as good as you remember or even downright bad?
I have several books from when I was 12-15 years old staring at me from my bookcase and I suspect I view at least a few of them through a nostalgia lense.

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: