Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Good books?  (Read 46887 times)
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2010, 02:11:55 pm »

Aaaw, but it's awesome to re-read a book you don't remember much about. You know some things that happen, but can re-discover everything else and perhaps spot something new, you never saw before...

That's why it was such a delight to reread my Cherryhs this year because I had missed so much the first time all those years ago. Funny thing is, that I still loved them then already, but now I now why I did and do.

But I generally love to reread beloved books. Everytime you find sth new. Or you think it is new because you forgot it, but still enjoy it.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2010, 07:17:01 am »

That's why it was such a delight to reread my Cherryhs this year because I had missed so much the first time all those years ago. Funny thing is, that I still loved them then already, but now I now why I did and do.

But I generally love to reread beloved books. Everytime you find sth new. Or you think it is new because you forgot it, but still enjoy it.

Sometimes I know that I love *insert various book titles here* but I can't exactly remember why or the details of what happened... I just know that I love them and look forward re-reading them. Unfortunatly I've already re-read all the books I wanted... u__u

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2010, 03:46:32 pm »

...I always feel uneasy when making double-posts (since it's a big NO NO in a forum I'm in since more than five years) but I thought I'd tell you I just ordered the first book of the Seafort Saga. ^___^ ...not the one for 70 ... some people are just insane... do they hope to find a person who just wants the book so bad or something?

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2010, 11:24:59 am »

I thought I'd tell you I just ordered the first book of the Seafort Saga. ^___^ ...

Good for you! I so hope you'll like it! I'd feel guilty if you didn't.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2010, 08:47:03 am »

Aaaaaw, I'm pretty shure I'll like it. There are actually very few books I really don't like... most of the times I actually enjoy reading books I'll never touch afterwards ever again, so no wasted money there. ^^ And if my love for Roddy & Co. is any indication, there is no way I won't at least like it. I did already spoiler me a tiny bit... and I'm kind of amused by the main character marrying the first girl he mets. Three times. Somehow this amuses me- even if I'm dreading reading about it a little bit.

Well, first the book (and the other one, which I'll probably read first- I don't know yet) has to arrive. The snow is evil and blocks everything.  Tongue

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2010, 05:50:58 am »

I did already spoiler me a tiny bit... and I'm kind of amused by the main character marrying the first girl he mets. Three times. Somehow this amuses me- even if I'm dreading reading about it a little bit.

It's not so bad and there are so many other wonderful characters and relationships.

When you will be reading it, would you be interested to come to my yahoo group to talk about it? It would take a little bit of all our OT rambling from this board.
And there we could do it in German, of course.

Well, first the book (and the other one, which I'll probably read first- I don't know yet) has to arrive. The snow is evil and blocks everything.  Tongue

I do hope that winter will now become a little bit more normal. Dreadful to think that more people will have to suffer because of the snow and the cold.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2010, 01:28:16 pm »

It's not so bad and there are so many other wonderful characters and relationships.

I figured. Cheesy It usually depends on my mood whether it bothers me having to read a love story I'm not interested in, so we'll see.

When you will be reading it, would you be interested to come to my yahoo group to talk about it? It would take a little bit of all our OT rambling from this board.
And there we could do it in German, of course.

Shure, if you tell me how to find it and how it works... I've never even seen a yahoo-group before (heard about, shure). And talking in German would be nice since I don't (or seldom) re-read my old posts here, because I'm afraid of my own mistakes. XD And I definitely know more words.

I do hope that winter will now become a little bit more normal. Dreadful to think that more people will have to suffer because of the snow and the cold.

There is so much snow outside my window, I can't imagine where all the water is going to go... I see floods in our future. -.-" (YAY for living on a hill)

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2010, 05:24:29 am »

I figured. Cheesy It usually depends on my mood whether it bothers me having to read a love story I'm not interested in, so we'll see.

For me, the real love story of "Midshipman's hope" is not between Nick and his girl, but between Nick and X. I don't mean that in a slashy way, more a kind of "bromance".

Shure, if you tell me how to find it and how it works... I've never even seen a yahoo-group before (heard about, shure). And talking in German would be nice since I don't (or seldom) re-read my old posts here, because I'm afraid of my own mistakes. XD And I definitely know more words.

I sent you a PN.

There is so much snow outside my window, I can't imagine where all the water is going to go... I see floods in our future. -.-" (YAY for living on a hill)

Still no snow here, just very cold, but sunny.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2010, 07:47:24 am »

For me, the real love story of "Midshipman's hope" is not between Nick and his girl, but between Nick and X. I don't mean that in a slashy way, more a kind of "bromance".

Slashy/Bromance... I don't care, I will enjoy it.  Grin  (...but I bet I end up shipping them ...FML)

Still no snow here, just very cold, but sunny.

Aaaaaw. I want that, too!

*sigh* Now I have three books with strange formats at home. Thin (~300 pages) Paperbacks several cm higher than the average book look just weird to me. They look like some kind of comic books on my shelf. o_0
/random

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2010, 08:58:58 am »

Slashy/Bromance... I don't care, I will enjoy it.  Grin  (...but I bet I end up shipping them ...FML)

Then let's see if you'll guess who X is.

*sigh* Now I have three books with strange formats at home. Thin (~300 pages) Paperbacks several cm higher than the average book look just weird to me. They look like some kind of comic books on my shelf. o_0

*turning around to my shelf*
My Feintuch paperbacks are exactly the same heigth as my Lowachees. Easy to spot, they are standing right next to each other.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2010, 09:17:23 am »

Then let's see if you'll guess who X is.

Does he appear in volume 1?

*turning around to my shelf*
My Feintuch paperbacks are exactly the same heigth as my Lowachees. Easy to spot, they are standing right next to each other.

Oh, the Midshipman's Hope- format is fine. The Still, too. Well, I have The King as hardcover and it's huge... nut I was referring to three other books I keep shifting around my shelves because they don't fit anywhere... now I ordered a fourth book from the same publisher...*sigh* Ah well, some more and they won't look weird next to each other...

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2010, 03:49:25 am »

Does he appear in volume 1?

Almost everyone who is important in Nick's life appears in the first book already. And now I'll go and sit on my fingers.  Grin
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2010, 06:03:06 am »

Almost everyone who is important in Nick's life appears in the first book already. And now I'll go and sit on my fingers.  Grin

If DHL would have been faster and delivered my second new book today, I would've started reading Midshipman's Hope today and saved the other one for the train. >__> And tomorrow is New Year's Day... curses. Somehow DHL AND Amazon are really slow as of late.

Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2010, 10:21:52 am »

I'm actually reading The Great Gatsby finally...it wasn't required in my schooling. I'm loving the writing and the story even if I can't stand any of the characters. VERY UNUSUAL FOR ME.

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2011, 03:41:55 am »

I'm reading the final "Inda" book by Sherwood Smith, "Treason's shore". It's a little bit slow but I still like it because the characters have so grown on me. Also I'm fascinated with the different marriage cultures in this world and that almost everyone seems to be in some kind of love triangle.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: