Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL WARCHILD UNIVERSE TUMBLR  (Read 15779 times)
Khantael
Ritlua

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 07:29:33 pm »

Eee, this is awesome! I don't use Tumblr, but that won't stop me following this now I know about it - and I'll follow (...or whatever the Tumblr equivalent is) it officially if I ever create an account.

Also, Jos is my absolute favourite, so the idea of more Jos POV is amaaaazing.

And since I don't really have anywhere else to say it: I'm still working on getting people to read your books, by the way! I might have actually been successful with one person, look at the comments here:

http://wordznerd.wordpress.com/2012/07/23/blog-200-week-openings/

Tongue

(This was also my secret project at university, since I wrote extensively about Warchild in my dissertation - I wrote about a number of pieces of fiction, but two were much more in depth deliberately, and Warchild was one of those - and I was having a good old play with second person in my creative writing, and managed to slot Warchild in my references whenever I did that... I hope I convinced my lecturers or, at the very least, annoyed them into checking out the books!)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:36:45 pm by Khantael » Logged
TabulaRasa
Ka'redan

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 02:14:59 pm »

Yes! I should make a note of that...in the earlier draft I'd had a storyline where Ryan knew about the pirate connection and confronted his father. Further deleted scenes will show that. Obviously I nixed it in the final and I think it was the right thing to do, because it made for a better dramatic impact where he didn't find out as much and it came through the Send instead.

Yeah, I like that he found out through the Send because it emphasizes the points you were making about media culture as well as just how deeply Azarcon buried that part of his life.  But at the same time, I love confrontations like that, so seeing it in a deleted scene would be awesome!  Smiley
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 05:46:12 pm »

I just read the deleted scene from Warchild. Woah REALLY different! Since Jos, Evan & the Jets on Falcones ship is one of my favourite parts in the book, I'm glad it turned out as it did, though. Still happy to read anything it that verse. <3

One question: Jos in the deleted scene mentions a jet named "Pyper". Something in that scene mad it sound like Jos knows that guy... did he have a role that got cut?

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 11:45:20 am »

I just read the deleted scene from Warchild. Woah REALLY different! Since Jos, Evan & the Jets on Falcones ship is one of my favourite parts in the book, I'm glad it turned out as it did, though. Still happy to read anything it that verse. <3

Again, here, too.  Grin
But for a slightly different reason, for one of my favorite scenes is Jos' "outing". Still gives me goosebumps, that scene. But now of course I'd love to know how this one would have turned out!
Khantael
Ritlua

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 12:22:04 pm »

Ooh definitely agreed. I'm very satisfied with the final scenes, but wow, that would have been a very interesting change and I'd love to see where that plot line would go. (Also, how'd poor Evan end up in the brig? Because of Jos?)
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 12:43:34 pm »

(Also, how'd poor Evan end up in the brig? Because of Jos?)

I'm just glad that he didn't die like how it was intended at first.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:31:41 pm by Aziraphale » Logged

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 10:46:39 am »

Oh, dear Karin, you continue to make us happy! In the latest scene, Yuri in the brig, is that a typo, "killed me" instead of "killed him"? Gave me goosebumps, this description of Jos!
TabulaRasa
Ka'redan

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 03:02:26 pm »

I read that line as being figurative.  Falcone didn't literally kill him, but he killed him in other ways (emotionally, psychologically, etc).

I also really liked the detail of Yuri hanging out in the brig on the Khan to get away from things/people.  It continued the metaphor of him being caged and imprisoned.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 03:20:47 am »

I read that line as being figurative.  Falcone didn't literally kill him, but he killed him in other ways (emotionally, psychologically, etc).

Yeah, but whom, Jos or Yuri? We know he did it to both of them, more or less, but in this context I was not sure who is meant by that.
TabulaRasa
Ka'redan

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 09:55:43 am »

I read it as Yuri.  It seems like the paragraph is Yuri kind of looking at himself from an outside perspective.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 03:20:39 am »

I read it as Yuri.  It seems like the paragraph is Yuri kind of looking at himself from an outside perspective.

Thank you very much, I am stupid because I read that sentence quite wrong. Everything clear now and my heartfelt apologies to Karin!
MonsterCat HQ
Ritlua

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 09:16:42 pm »

i am bummed. tumblr is not Mac friendly. It just hangs when i try to register. phooey.
MonsterCat HQ
Ritlua

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 09:28:09 pm »

but the snippets make me very happy indeed!

So i will just have to sneak thru the send to tumblr when i want a WU fix.

acidrain
Ritlua

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2012, 10:26:30 pm »

Awesome!
Follow'd.

I don't know how to reblog stuff...
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 08:44:30 pm »

Ok, I know I haven't posted on the forum in a while. I would use the oh-my-god-so-busy-is-there-a-pause-button-in-life excuse, but I've been checking this forum (and that shiny tumblr) pretty regularly; the truth is I've just been really lazy about actually replying to anything. But now that SUPER EXCITING things are in the works (Kickstarter Book 4 campaign? Yes please!), I've decided to stop lurking and actually say stuff on here again. Starting with oh my gods the new details about book 4! The assassination of someone important? Yikes, I'm worried this will hit me right in the feels.

I don't have a tumblr, but my internet speak seems to indicate otherwise.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: