Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Art  (Read 21796 times)
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 04:38:42 pm »

Yes, waiting can be so very hard to do. Like waiting for graduation...

*sighs and nibbles on cookies with you*
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 01:06:16 pm »

Language is a really funny and interesting thing... It's a shame it doesn't stand a chance against mathematics/physics and Co. in the modern world.

I'm so glad you like my pics... it motivates me to draw more. And I just did:

http://img155.imageshack.us/i/bild004wm.jpg/

I tried to draw a guy so naturally his head is to big, his arms/hands look akward and he's way to cute-ish. ^^;
Rick is my ensemble darkhorse... I don't know why I like him so much since I don't really know him (yet). *sigh* That's just the way I roll. While Jos, Ryan and Yuri are the hearts of the books and I love them to death, I'm loving Evan, Cairo, Sid, Erret and Finch just as much if not more sometimes, because they're there for the three main- characters. They helped them to become the persons they are now and I want to hug them for it (Yuri without Finch? Ugh, the thought alone makes me sad. ;_;)...
So here is Rick, undoubtly one of the most important persons in Errets live. ^_^ Yes, that is supposed to be the Earth. I thought  it would look different in the future because of earthquakes, floods and the likes (What do you mean I was to lazy to google a picture with the right angle? ;>_>)... but sadly my white crayon kinda sucks so the clouds look not as white as they should. -__-; (I made the stars with Paint. XD)

This is AMAZING and made me smile so much. I LOVE IT. I've got a fondness for Rick too, because he really is the only one who can actually wrangle Erret, outside of Azarcon himself. And I have no real idea why, consciously, I just know that their dynamic is very specific.

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 10:43:25 am »

Rick seems like a guy who is usually calm. Someone who listens before getting angry. And perhaps someone who you don't want to get angry?
I always have a scene in my head:

Erret and Rick walk the corridors of Macedon. They meet Sid:

Erret: Aaaah *throws arm around Sids shoulders* meet my new boyfriend Siddy! ^___^
Sid: *shrugs him off* I'm not your boyfriend. And don't call me that. >__>
Erret: *to Rick* Yano, he's just shy.
Rick: *one of his eyebrows goes up* So, how many boyfriends is that now? o.
Sid: I'm NOT his boyfriend! -__- *goes away*
Erret: *whispers to Rick* Denial... Aaaaaaw, wait for me! ^o^/ *runs after Sid to harras him some more*
Rick: *facepalm* sighs. *goes to search some normal people* (...and probably finds Evan. XD)

(I would open a whole thread for my cracky scenes (and perhaps some other people have them, too... I just say: lightbulbs) but I don't know if it would be okay, cause these characters are not mine and I could understand if you wouldn't like to see how someone else plays around with them ... so I'll just keep them locked away in my head ^_^v)

------------------------------------

New pic: http://img408.imageshack.us/i/bild005.jpg/

And for a change, I will not rant about it. While I still see mistakes, I actually like it because I was finally able to draw two GUYS. XD
Hope you recognize Yuri and Finch. :3
The scene plays after Cagebird. They share a room. Yuri has nightmares from time to time, but he doesn't crawl into Finchs bed until Finch tells him to. Since Finch always wakes up when Yuri has a nightmare there is no problem. Basically Finch tells him everything is going to be okay, they sleep together and get up in the morning as usual. Dexter is in the room too (obviously)... you just can't see him... I imagine him being on the right (the door is on the left.).
The picture you can see above Yuris bed is one of his mother and his sister. He hasn't met them yet but I imagine Cairo gave it to him so he can visualisize his goal better... or something. (I had the urge to make Yuris Shirt red. XD)
Hope you like it. ^_^
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:48:54 am by Aziraphale » Logged

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 04:50:39 pm »

Very nice. I especially love the wrinkled sheets. You are good with details. Smiley
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 03:27:30 pm »

Your assessment of Rick is pretty accurate! In a nutshell. He's pretty patient but he's a crack shot soljet, so you don't want to piss him off. :x

That picture is SUPER CUUUTE! (and a little steamy?) You're awesome. I'm so flattered you're inspired to draw the boys...

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 05:59:10 pm »

Thank you so much... and I'm flattered when you say you like them.
I just love Yuri and Finch. I want them to be together forever, healing each other. *is a big sap when it comes to these two*

And I love Rick and his five minutes screentime. The mental image of a person (beside Cairo) Erret isn't able to just overrun with his... eh... personality is just so appealing and... I don't even know. (Yeah, it's late again... stupid time difference)

Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 06:47:58 pm »

Thank you so much... and I'm flattered when you say you like them.
I just love Yuri and Finch. I want them to be together forever, healing each other. *is a big sap when it comes to these two*

And I love Rick and his five minutes screentime. The mental image of a person (beside Cairo) Erret isn't able to just overrun with his... eh... personality is just so appealing and... I don't even know. (Yeah, it's late again... stupid time difference)

Yuri and Finch stay together in my mind, but with a lot of trial. Haha!

I've always been fascinated by Rick's ability to deal with Erret too, I'm interested in finding out how that all works. I'm sure there'll at least be an Omake about it, if not a full novel post-Cagebird. Smiley

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 05:05:04 pm »

Aaaaaw that just made my week. I hope the trials don't consist of any more heartbreak... hm... perhaps Finch isn't so happy after all now that the jets probably treat him like a pirate... and Yuri is sad because he feels it's his fault or something... *babbles*

I've always been fascinated by Rick's ability to deal with Erret too, I'm interested in finding out how that all works. I'm sure there'll at least be an Omake about it, if not a full novel post-Cagebird. Smiley

*___*
As much as I love characters like Erret, I love the 'straight man' just as much. Hm, would Rick be able to share the room with Erret? I mean with all the new jets on board they do have to make use of every bit space they have, right? Or has Macedon so many free quarters? I think I read in the old forum somewhere the reason Errets lives alone and not, for example with Nathan, is that he would basically everybody nuts...

Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2010, 07:19:40 pm »

Aaaaaw that just made my week. I hope the trials don't consist of any more heartbreak... hm... perhaps Finch isn't so happy after all now that the jets probably treat him like a pirate... and Yuri is sad because he feels it's his fault or something... *babbles*

*___*
As much as I love characters like Erret, I love the 'straight man' just as much. Hm, would Rick be able to share the room with Erret? I mean with all the new jets on board they do have to make use of every bit space they have, right? Or has Macedon so many free quarters? I think I read in the old forum somewhere the reason Errets lives alone and not, for example with Nathan, is that he would basically everybody nuts...

I don't know the specifics re: Yuri and Finch, but you know... their lives won't be easy on Macedon. Wink

Yeah, because of the overcrowding, they'd have to share and Rick would with Erret. Because really, Erret wouldn't allow anyone else. He lives alone because he has clout and doesn't want a roommate. The ship is never quite at a full complement because people die in battle and they only replenish jets when they can get insystem to recruit. So Erret was able to have his own quarters for that reason too.

MonsterCat HQ
Ritlua

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2010, 09:35:42 pm »

wow. just wow. aziraphale, you are too humble. The more you draw, the better you get ... practice works with art as well as anything else. I think you'd do an awesome job at a graphic novel adaptation of the warchild universe.

and Karin, thank you for the tidbits! I never tire of hearing more details about these people i have grown to love so much.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 06:38:26 am »

I don't know the specifics re: Yuri and Finch, but you know... their lives won't be easy on Macedon. Wink

Heh. I can imagine. Especially the jets from Archangel just love him, huh? ^^;
Do they treat Finch like Yuri or is there a tiny difference? Or let's say, do some people make a difference or is it like 'you're with him, you're basically like him'? (Ohhhhh the curiousity...)

Yeah, because of the overcrowding, they'd have to share and Rick would with Erret. Because really, Erret wouldn't allow anyone else. He lives alone because he has clout and doesn't want a roommate. The ship is never quite at a full complement because people die in battle and they only replenish jets when they can get insystem to recruit. So Erret was able to have his own quarters for that reason too.

Tell me how I can love a character dynamic so much without actually knowing much about them? ;///; Erret and Rick entertain me so much already.

wow. just wow. aziraphale, you are too humble. The more you draw, the better you get ... practice works with art as well as anything else. I think you'd do an awesome job at a graphic novel adaptation of the warchild universe.

Thank you so much. :3 Sadly I have still this problem with men, and the Warchild Universe would drive me crazy with all its (awesome, broken, handsome) men. XD That and I'm dreadfully lazy as of late. >_>

and Karin, thank you for the tidbits! I never tire of hearing more details about these people i have grown to love so much.

This. *___* We love you so much for this.  Cool

So, my father celebrated his birthday last friday and since I'm usually bored at birthday (especially after everyone gets drunk since I don't drink alcohol at all) and we were in a restaurant, I took my drawing tools with me. First I drew my own characters. They're in my head since I was 16 and I intend to maybe write their story down one day... who knows. I had my Warchild copy with me, too and as I looked at the cover, I started a new picture... with my own character AND the characters from the Warchild universe. Uhm yeah. So here it is:
http://img684.imageshack.us/f/dexter2.jpg/ (the scanner kinda screwed up the colors...)

You can block out my characters if you like. XP

Okay, from left to right: Aki, Zarah, Iratxe, Tachar, Rick, Alan, Erret and Dan.

Aki and Zarah are both kind of Team Mom, especially taking care of the boys (since the girl can take care of herself)
Iratxe and Tachar are both very beautiful and aware of it.
Rick asks Alan if he wants a drink or something... cause uhm... Alans and Dans relationship-status is 'complicated'. Alan is very protective of his friends and maybe a bit possessive. And yes I had to draw Erret in his uniform (kinda) since he looked waaaaay too girly. And yes that totally is a candy bar. Dans reaction is pretty much '... kindergarten.'
(Uhm and you can see that it was late when I drew this... if you compare it to the cleaner outlines of my first picture: http://img243.imageshack.us/f/bild007mx.jpg/  and look at the uneven coloring *cough*)

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 03:17:23 pm »

I really love your style, Aziraphale. They are so irrisistably cute! Now I want to know more about your characters, too. Smiley
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2010, 06:55:58 am »

Az, your art is AMAZING. I'm so stoked to see it!! Your character drawing is outstanding and I love them!

And yes, feel free to start a thread in Cybetorium about your own characters?!

<3 to you all!

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 01:51:52 pm »

Thank you so much. *happy*

Because I'm always asking sooo many questions (sometimes I roll my eyes at myself. >_>) I thought I try something as compensation.^^;

http://img229.imageshack.us/i/bild009xg.jpg/

I know the heart is on the left, but the angle was trying to kill me, so yeah.... heartbeats are loud damnit! >o< (XD) My black crayon is now awfully short (why do I have just one anyway? I have every other color like 5 times), but some more pictures and I may be able to draw anatomically correct guys. YAY!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 04:14:19 am by Aziraphale » Logged

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 02:49:25 pm »

Eeee! I adore this picture. I really adore this picture. I haven't decided what's more impressive: the fact that you drew this scene so wonderfully or the fact that you did it IN CRAYON.

I love that you ask soooo many questions. Wink Questions are good; they keep this forum alive and kicking. Where would we be without you?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: