Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW STORY!  (Read 4726 times)
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« on: September 14, 2011, 02:23:47 pm »

ARMORED, an anthology edited by John Joseph Adams, is available for pre-order now from Amazon! I have a story in it, so check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/Armored-John-Joseph-Adams/dp/1451638175/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311787838&sr=8-1

Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:25:09 pm »

Bump.

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 03:20:44 pm »

I will definitely mark the publication date on my calendar. I'm still pretty old school and buy books at a store, so if I pre-order it will be through Barnes & Noble.

So excited for this! Did I mention that I love space armor? Wink
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 10:56:21 am »

I'm not a friend of anthologies, but I guess we all know that I'm very much of a friend of Karin's words, so I guess I will have to buy this. It does sound interesting!
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 09:24:26 am »

I'm not a friend of anthologies, but I guess we all know that I'm very much of a friend of Karin's words, so I guess I will have to buy this. It does sound interesting!

Thanks guys! I'm fond of the story that'll be in it; I might probably even expand it into a novel at some future point, I liked the characters so much.

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 11:46:36 am »

I'm fond of the story that'll be in it; I might probably even expand it into a novel at some future point, I liked the characters so much.

Ugh, you tease! I'm dying of curiosity right now. When will we get to learn more about the story? Or the anthology in general?
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 09:41:26 am »

Iiiieeek not a fan of anthologies, but I think I'm going to buy that one, if Amazon lets me (also the cover art is very pretty).

Apropos, any news on when The Gaslight Dogs will come out in Germany? I keep checking Amazon, but can't find anything... I did find the french version of Burndive that you mentioned will be coming out next year: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/images/2843441072/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=52044011&s=books-intl-de The right one, or just a fanart? It would fit the (amazing!) cover art the french Warchild had.

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 08:51:11 pm »

Iiiieeek not a fan of anthologies, but I think I'm going to buy that one, if Amazon lets me (also the cover art is very pretty).

Apropos, any news on when The Gaslight Dogs will come out in Germany? I keep checking Amazon, but can't find anything... I did find the french version of Burndive that you mentioned will be coming out next year: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/images/2843441072/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=52044011&s=books-intl-de The right one, or just a fanart? It would fit the (amazing!) cover art the french Warchild had.

That's the right cover! I just saw it on the Belial site. They depicted a striv, which is so interesting. I don't know when Gaslight Dogs will be in Germany. Sad I've been checking but no sign yet. I know it's available on Amazon.de but I don't think it's the German translation?

Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 08:54:09 pm »

I'm fond of the story that'll be in it; I might probably even expand it into a novel at some future point, I liked the characters so much.

Ugh, you tease! I'm dying of curiosity right now. When will we get to learn more about the story? Or the anthology in general?

If I hear more about the antho through the editor John, I will definitely post! But they have a release date on Amazon at least. The story is basically from the point of view of the Armor (it's sentient) ... I don't want to say more than that. :x

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 09:47:33 pm »

I don't know when Gaslight Dogs will be in Germany. Sad I've been checking but no sign yet. I know it's available on Amazon.de but I don't think it's the German translation?

It's the English book.... I get my English book-fix from Amazon.de, cause the only ones in the bookstores are the usual suspects everyone knows. With the Gaslight Dogs, I always search under your name cause knowing the people here, they'll either translate the title somehow or they'll give the book a new one. Everything gets translated, more often than not even the names of the characters, if it's something like "John Snow", were you can translate it... cause that's just how they roll. >___>
Sometimes I'm thinking about which titles they would give the Warchild books... the first one is easy, but the other two...

Ah well, I will keep my eyes open. ^__^

A sentient armor? Well, I certainly haven't read a story like that, yet... Yay.  Grin

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: