Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Casting  (Read 3646 times)
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« on: July 02, 2011, 08:12:26 pm »

I watched this movie today: "Storm Warriors" ... it was really cool, based on a Chinese comic, which I'd been given years ago but could not read because it was in Chinese. I have it in these beautiful oversized panels and I've always been fascinated by the story. My best friend had roughly translated it for me but it was so awesome to see it on screen. Apparently this movie was the second, the first is called "Storm Riders" ... which now I have to eventually see.

Anyway, one of the actors in it did such a great Niko-esque performance. And since Johnny Depp is a little (too) older now for the part (har har), this dude would be great:

http://www.scifiscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/the_storm_warriors_poster_2.jpg Beautiful movie poster (Niko!!)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/483/normalwindcloud10in5.jpg The actor.

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 11:26:11 am »

Oooh, I like it! This guy actually fits my mind's image of Niko better than Johnny Depp. I don't know why, but I've always imagined Niko with Asian features.
greenglassroom
Ritlua

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 03:57:06 pm »

I know you've mentioned actors you've envisioned as major characters (Ioan Gruffudd as Azarcon, Kevin Zegers as Jos, etc.) but is there anyone you've thought of for secondary characters in the series? Like who would make a good Dorr, or Aki?
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 02:26:59 pm »

I know you've mentioned actors you've envisioned as major characters (Ioan Gruffudd as Azarcon, Kevin Zegers as Jos, etc.) but is there anyone you've thought of for secondary characters in the series? Like who would make a good Dorr, or Aki?

I pictured Dorr as a Canadian actor named Jonathan Scarfe - when he was in his early 20s. If you've ever seen him act you can probably see it. Aki is... I forget the actor's name... here we go Google.

Oh - Lindsay Price. Or Kristen Kreuk. Someone who is mixed. Smiley

Melangell
Ritlua

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 12:26:27 am »

Storm Warriors actor for Niko ------ LIKE!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: