Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Glee  (Read 3016 times)
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« on: June 04, 2011, 08:57:44 am »

If someone finds a banner with Sam and Blaine on it, please tell me.

Same spoiler policy as in the Doctor Who/ Torchwood thread? Basically there is none... so if someone doesn't want to be spoilered s/he should tell us and the others try their best warning (with colorful letters or something) the others, okay? /we really need spoiler-tags speech.

Okay, I have to say that I wasn't a fan per se until Original Song... but even then it was a show I watched merely for the fun and the musics... now I read fanfic and have a folder with pictures and gifs on my laptop. Still don't know how that happened, but I suspect it has to do with Kurt/Blaine aka the only couple I ship, that could (or in this case rather will be) endgame. Also, they're very cute...

At the moment I amuse myself with videos from the tour and collecting gifs.  Grin

I'm not one of the people who think that the first 13 episodes are sacred and that season 2 was soooo much worse than season one. Yes, some of the inconsistencies in storylines and especially characterisations/relationships really bug me, but sometimes I just don't care because there are so many beautiful moments and songs that I just forget the rest... and well, many of my all time favourite songs come from season two. Hell, there are Glee versions I like better than the originals (mainly everything from Pink, Katie Perry und Lady Gaga)... okay and some are cringeworthy (no, just because "New York" is part of the lyrics in two songs, doesn't mean you should mix them)

Oh and I recommend the musical recaps from MTV if you want to refresh your memory. They're funny most of the time and everything is there (if you're not in the US the page will probably ask you if you want to switch to the MTV page of your country from time to time... just say no.)... but be careful, the recapper is a bit of a Blaine/Kurt shipper. XD (Understatement)

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/632435/blaine-and-kurt-kiss-new-directions-go-to-nationals-on-glee.jhtml#id=1648442 (My fav. recap from Original Song. :3)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:15:20 am by Aziraphale » Logged

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
TabulaRasa
Ka'redan

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:43:48 pm »

Yeah, Season 1 is so much better than season 2.  The show had a completely different feel to it.  Still, I like a lot of the story lines in 2nd season.  I'm really liking the Santana/Karofsky/Kurt plot.  I find it highly amusing (especially at Prom).
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 08:48:35 am »

Yeah, Season 1 is so much better than season 2.  The show had a completely different feel to it.

That's true. The feeling is totally different... but I actually think that's not a bad thing all the time. Glee has a lot of important messages and has the unique chance to actally tell them, because it got so huge... they just really need to work at the execution...

Still, I like a lot of the story lines in 2nd season.

Glee wants to much at once. The storylines are good, but they get dropped left and right after a few episodes... why let Emma marry Carl when it's clear he won't be around for long? Why have Shue being all angsty about a future on Broadway in the last few episodes and then do nothing with it? Why (my beloved) Jesse St James back, just so he can have an "epic" shove-fight with Finn? Quinns baby? Sunshine? Sues mother? Holly Holliday? Kurt finds a boyfriend and we see no reactions??? Show needs to learn, that good storylines sometimes just need time and you don't have to drop everything else for them.
I guess we can be lucky that everyone who works on Glee seems to have a little crush on Chris Colfer, so his storyline was the only one that made sense most of the time and the relationship between him and Blaine is the only one they got right this season (I would count Mike/Tina too, but they didn't have anything to do).

Probably unpopular opinion: I think 3, perhaps 4 songs an episode are enough. A few more in competition episodes, of course. I want them to be important and not "so after this episode, you're running to itunes, kthxbye!?". As much as I love the music, I want the characters to have meaningful interactions more.

I'm really liking the Santana/Karofsky/Kurt plot.  I find it highly amusing (especially at Prom).

I like the plot, too and Prom Queen is probably one of my favourite episodes of the season... but Karofsy creeps me out... and as much as I think he wants to change and regrets what he did, I just can't feel all that sorry for him. I don't want him to fall down the stairs anymore, so I guess that's progress, though. Oh and I'm actually a bit disappointed that he doesn't seem to interact with Azimio anymore... I would have loved to see how he interacts with him now.

... LOL in the skit @ the concerts Kurt is gone from "Blaine Warbler, will you [...], to: "Blaine Warbler, my pookie, my sweetheart, my Stedman, will you [...]" and "honey" last time... if they continue at that speed, they're going to make out on stage by the end of the tour. Not that I'm complaining. Someone better bring a camera
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 08:51:27 am by Aziraphale » Logged

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 07:48:01 am »

Emmy nominations:

Chris Colfer: Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Jane Lynch: Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Kristin Chenoweth, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Dot Jones: Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series
Outstanding Comedy Series
Outstanding Casting for a Comedy series
Outstanding Costumes for a Series
Outstanding Hairstyling For A Single-Camera Series
Outstanding Makeup For A Single-Camera Series
Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup For A Series, Miniseries, Movie Or A Special
Outstanding Sound Editing For Nonfiction Programming

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: