Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Game of Thrones (A Song if Ice and Fire)  (Read 27169 times)
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2011, 08:06:35 am »

I was so happy when I heard this! He so deserves it, he was a perfect Tyrion and Peter Dinklage comes across as a very nice guy. To thank his dogsitter!  Cheesy

His win is the only one I searched on Youtube (I was a bit irked that Modern Family won every Emmy they were nominated for, cause I tried to watch it and I don't see the appeal. Oh well, it's a YMMV thing I guess). Really deserved.

When does GoT come back? Next spring? I just see 47294385 "*insert name here* will play *insert character name here*"- spoiler. 0_o So many people...

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 10:57:22 am »

His win is the only one I searched on Youtube (I was a bit irked that Modern Family won every Emmy they were nominated for, cause I tried to watch it and I don't see the appeal. Oh well, it's a YMMV thing I guess). Really deserved.

As I don't know most of the nominated shows, apart from Peter Dinklage and GOT in general I was hoping for Idris Elba for "Luther". Alas, it wasn't to be. But as "my" candidates hardly ever win in such award shows, I am more than happy for Dinklage.

When does GoT come back? Next spring? I just see 47294385 "*insert name here* will play *insert character name here*"- spoiler. 0_o So many people...

I think it will be next spring, yeah. They are shooting right now. I can't wait to see Liam Cunningham as Davos. (Is that a spoiler, casting?) He still looks perfect to me for that role.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 06:15:58 pm »

As I don't know most of the nominated shows, apart from Peter Dinklage and GOT in general I was hoping for Idris Elba for "Luther". Alas, it wasn't to be. But as "my" candidates hardly ever win in such award shows, I am more than happy for Dinklage.

My favs never win... at least at the Emmys/Oscars, because they tend to shower certain shows/movies with awards...

I'm sad... Game of Thrones will be on some pay-tv channel I've never heard of in Germany... I had hoped to watch it with my mother. *sigh* Waiting for the DVD's it is then... it's just so much harder to make her watch serials on DVD.

Oh and I wanted to ask: first season = roughly first book? I mean I get that they probably used some elements from the second one already, because they had to balance the lengh of the storylines for each character out somehow, but how much? Or are there elements from the book they didn't use because the timing would've been off? (I mean things we can expect to see later, not simple scenes they cut)

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2011, 04:02:40 am »

Oh and I wanted to ask: first season = roughly first book? I mean I get that they probably used some elements from the second one already, because they had to balance the lengh of the storylines for each character out somehow, but how much? Or are there elements from the book they didn't use because the timing would've been off? (I mean things we can expect to see later, not simple scenes they cut)

I can't say because it's too long since I've read the book. Roughly I'd say this was it. Makes you wonder how they'll cope with putting the next ones into just 10 episodes, because I think that "Game of the thrones" is the most "simple" one, being the prologue, kind of.

Just yesterday I have watched "Centurion" which I very much wanted to see after I read that Liam Cunningham was in it. So now I've finally seen "Davos Seaworth" in flesh and blood. Yeah, works for me. Bring it on!
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2011, 03:56:15 pm »

I can't say because it's too long since I've read the book. Roughly I'd say this was it. Makes you wonder how they'll cope with putting the next ones into just 10 episodes, because I think that "Game of the thrones" is the most "simple" one, being the prologue, kind of.

I could imagine them taking certain storylines and safe them for later (if that's possible... I wouldn't know)... or they'll split the book?

Just yesterday I have watched "Centurion" which I very much wanted to see after I read that Liam Cunningham was in it. So now I've finally seen "Davos Seaworth" in flesh and blood. Yeah, works for me. Bring it on!

Good casting is half the rent!
One of the actresses from Downton Abbey season 1 was casted as the love interest for Jon Snow (Ygritte?). I liked the actress.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 06:54:49 am by Aziraphale » Logged

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2011, 06:56:47 am »

Some speculation (not really spoilery):

Filming on Thrones is set to wrap in Northern Ireland tomorrow, after which there will be only a few weeks of “beyond the Wall” filming in Iceland. With the casting of Rattleshirt, that contingent of characters has now been filled. So I think we can say with assurance that the season two cast for Game of Thrones is now complete.

However, those who’ve read A Clash of Kings may notice some prominent characters absent from the cast list. Let’s take a look at those characters and discuss whether we think we will see them eventually, or if they are at risk of (gulp) being cut from the series entirely.

Edmure & Hoster Tully: Well, as we speculated, the Trout looks to be out of season two. Recent reports of filming confirms this as Jaime remains a captive of Robb within his war camp; he’s not being held in the Riverrun dungeons. I suspect that season three will open with Robb and Co. arriving at Riverrun, setting the stage for the introduction of Hoster, and more importantly, Edmure Tully.

Brynden “Blackfish” Tully:
But what about the Blackfish? The Blackfish is a fan favorite character, so his exclusion from season one was met with some disappointment. Now it looks like he will sit out season two as well. The big question on everyone’s mind now is, will we ever get to see the Blackfish? We have to have an Edmure and Hoster is a small role, easy to cast and include without eating up much screen time. But the Blackfish is the type of peripheral role that could theoretically be cut to save time and to keep the focus on the primary characters. We will have to continue to wait to find out the Blackfish’s ultimate fate.

Jojen & Meera Reed: Ah yes, the Reed siblings. Next to the Blackfish, these have been the most talked about “missing” characters. We’ve been waiting and hoping they would make an appearance in season two, but with filming in Northern Ireland set to wrap tomorrow, it doesn’t look like that is going to happen. Still, I wouldn’t give up hope of ever seeing the siblings just yet (I’m looking at you, Julian Walker). I have a feeling the Winterfell plot line may end up being extended into season three, meaning we should get to see our little crannogmen next season.

Reek: And the main reason I think that is because we have had no word on the casting of this character, “Reek” (you book readers should know why I used quotes there). I really can’t see any way they could cut this character without massive changes to the story. So unless they have mysteriously cast this character and aren’t telling us (doubtful, as our spies would have ratted them out by now), I feel pretty confident in saying we will get our Reek next season.

Vargo Hoat: I think we will get a Vargo eventually, he’s too colorful and important a character to cut, but delaying his introduction to season three shouldn’t be too problematic.

Strong Belwas: Another fan favorite character who, like the Blackfish, could face the ultimate cut. Although he is also a colorful and distinct character, he really doesn’t serve a purpose in the story (Vargo has a pretty large role to play). He could still make it in for season three, but if I had to make a wager, I would say he’s out.

Mandon Moore: Any reason the already-cast Meryn Trant couldn’t fill Mandon Moore’s role? Not that I can see. Moore is probably out.

Qyburn: Like his Brave Companion counterpart Vargo Hoat, I suspect this ex-maester will be introduced next season.

Big Walder & Little Walder Frey: Since we have no word of casting on the Walders in Winterfell, I’m assuming these completely superficial characters will be cut from the show.

Queen Selyse, Shireen & Patchface: If they appear at all, they will be featured extras this season. These roles may then get recast later on, if necessary.

Lollys, Falyse & Lady Stokeworth: Same as above.

Mance Rayder: He doesn’t appear until book three, so look for him next season.

Winter is Coming: I know there will be people disappointed in some of these cuts. But if they are reshaping the story the way I think they are, we should still get all the characters we love, just joining the story in a slightly different way.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/11/the-final-cut-season-two/

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2012, 02:38:49 pm »

Have some character posters for season 2 which starts on sunday:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:40:28 pm by Aziraphale » Logged

TabulaRasa
Ka'redan

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 11:58:14 am »

Those are gorgeous.  I can't wait for the episode to air!
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2012, 08:29:34 am »

Those are gorgeous.  I can't wait for the episode to air!

So, what did you think?  Smiley

LOL, someone described their view of romantic!Stannis:

I got zero sexy vibes from Stannis period. It's actually a tiny bit painful to try and imagine him in a romantic situation. "You are my moon and stars!" is not something that would trip off the guy's tongue, it would be more like, "I tolerate you well enough and you have child bearing hips. I'm not going to say you light my blood afire, because that would be inaccurate. But you're not displeasing to look at. Although, your hair is a fright. Now disrobe. I have other things to do later and I need to do some begetting."

Pretty accurate? XD

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 06:07:53 pm »

I'm just having this vision...
A family sitting on the living room and watching Game of Thrones today:

"Ah whimsical food I'm eating...say, did they just kill an infant, a toddler, a priest and a crippled old woman, all in one blow? I love this show! Now where'd I put the marcipan eggs? I love that marcipan, they taste better than the ones from last year for no discernible reason. Oh look! Even more incest!"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:45:09 pm by Aziraphale » Logged

TabulaRasa
Ka'redan

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 06:03:00 pm »

My favorite characters at the moment are Arya, Gendry, and Jon Snow.  I also bought the first book and have been slowly reading it.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 12:46:16 pm »

Big news about which characters are in for season 3 -- an apparently non-exclusive list:

Mance Rayder
Daario Naharis
Jojen Reed; Meera Reed
Edmure Tully
Ser Brynden Tully
Lady Selyse
Shireen
Oleena Redwyne
Beric Dondarrion
Thoros of Myr
Tormund Giantsbane

da sauce: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/29/game-of-throne-season-3-cast/

Woooooooooohooooooooooooooo!  Grin

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 01:18:33 pm »

Big news about which characters are in for season 3 -- an apparently non-exclusive list:

Cheesy
Of course, we also need Edric Storm.
But, great news. I was very happy when I read that.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2012, 05:03:19 am »

Aaaaand Shireen is already cast: http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/06/game-of-thrones-season-3-shireen.html

I guess they didn't cast the Tullys, Shireen and the Reeds for season two, because they only had 10 episodes. For book three they will have twenty episodes over two years so yaaaaaaay.  Grin

Also, I have to say... Joffrey is a monster, but ... a really WELL DRESSED monster. ö__ö

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:11:05 am by Aziraphale » Logged

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2012, 10:13:55 am »

Oh, she is in "Les Miserables", too. I wonder who she will be there. Slightly OT: That's a movie I am very much looking forward to, because I love the musical and the novel.

I guess they didn't cast the Tullys, Shireen and the Reeds for season two, because they only had 10 episodes. For book three they will have twenty episodes over two years so yaaaaaaay.  Grin

Shireen is not that important, so far, but I want Stannis to have his family. As I want Davos to have some of his other sons!

Maybe they make the Reeds someone where Bran seeks shelter and they then decide to come with him? Or he will meet them by chance?
Hodor!  Cheesy

Mance Rayder will be quite interesting.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: