Poll
Question: Which one/s is/are your favourite/s?
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - 2 (22.2%)
Sleeper - 0 (0%)
To the Last Man - 0 (0%)
Meat - 1 (11.1%)
Adam - 3 (33.3%)
Reset - 0 (0%)
Dead Man Walking - 0 (0%)
A Day in the Death - 1 (11.1%)
Something Borrowed - 0 (0%)
From Out of the Rain - 0 (0%)
Adrift - 0 (0%)
Fragments - 1 (11.1%)
Exit Wounds - 1 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite episode of Torchwood (Season 2)  (Read 3300 times)
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« on: May 15, 2011, 01:02:37 pm »

I know we have at least three people here watching Doctor Who/Torchwood, so I thought we could do some polls. If someone wants to make "favourite Doctor/companion" polls, go ahead... I just want to know your favourite episodes.     Grin
So, you have three votes each, but you don't have to use them all. You can also change your choices anytime you like, cause sometimes you learn to love certain episodes with time.    Wink

SEASON 2

Torchwood Members:
Jack Harkness
Toshiko Sato
Owen Harper
Ianto Jones
Gwen Cooper
-----------
Adam Smith
(Martha Jones)

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 01:17:08 pm »

I know my TW favorites, don't even have to think about them, but it is quite difficult to say why.

"Meat" - because it brings Rhys into the story finally and shows a quite different side of Ianto and has some quite nice lines.
"Adam" - because it presents them all quite differently and, like "Meat" establishes an interesting dynamic between Gwen and Rhys. They just feel like a pair to me. And because of "You!". Plain beautiful, that small scene.
"Kiss, kiss, bang, bang" - Captain John! Poodles! Most strange reunion ever!
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 03:07:15 pm »

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang:
Oh John Hart, how good you entertained me! He was basically Spike before they defanged him on Buffy, but I don't care. XD
Also, seing Jack be so earnest while inviting Ianto to a date was very nice. One of my favourite scenes with these two.
Also: Poodles!
The only thing that stood out like a sore thumb: Gwen: *grabs Ianto (of all people)* "Tell Jack..."  Don't care what she wanted to say, her last thougt should have been Rhys. (It's not the Jack/Ianto fangirl in me, but the Rhys-fan btw)

Adam:
Meat was the first time I really bought Rhys/Gwen as a couple, but this time I bought that they could LAST as a couple. Wonderful.
While I adore the snog in "To the Last Man" (and the episode as a whole), I always liked the kiss on the forehead more. Okay, maybe I have a thing for kisses on the forehead, but it was a nice intimate scene and you could see that the "you" meant something to Jack. D'aaaw.

Fragments:
I love good backstories... (even if in my headcanon they all knew each other a bit longer... sue me XP). Tosh, who was blackmailed into working for Torchwood and found friends, Owen who went nuts when his girlfriend left him, lost his fiance (also brain-alien creeped me out) and Iantos introduction made Cyber Woman even better and Jacks reaction made so much more sense.
Didn't care all that much for Jacks past (except for the little girl... I always wanted to know who she was) but the montage where we saw how Jacks file kept evolving was really awesome.

This is my favourite TW season, in case you didn't notice. XP

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:59:48 am »

The only thing that stood out like a sore thumb: Gwen: *grabs Ianto (of all people)* "Tell Jack..."  Don't care what she wanted to say, her last thougt should have been Rhys. (It's not the Jack/Ianto fangirl in me, but the Rhys-fan btw)

Rhys does not have to worry. The Jacks are nice for a little adventure. But any intelligent girl would love and marry a Rhys (or a Rory, for that matter).

I love good backstories... (even if in my headcanon they all knew each other a bit longer... sue me XP). Tosh, who was blackmailed into working for Torchwood and found friends,

That's my problem with most of Tosh's stories, I'm bored to death by her story. Very bad me, I know.

Didn't care all that much for Jacks past (except for the little girl... I always wanted to know who she was) but the montage where we saw how Jacks file kept evolving was really awesome.

I absolutely can't stand Jack at the beginning of his story but I like the spooky last part. What in hell had Alex seen?!

This is my favourite TW season, in case you didn't notice. XP

It was way better than season 1 and no. 3 is sth totally different, so, no surprise there.  Grin
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 01:28:08 pm »

Rhys does not have to worry. The Jacks are nice for a little adventure. But any intelligent girl would love and marry a Rhys (or a Rory, for that matter).

Oh, I have no doubt about that... but you think you're dying and your last sentence is going to be about Jack? I know he's pretty, but...
I don't think she would have said "Tell Jack to tell Rhys that I love him!"... well, we'll never know. Perhaps it was just a "Tell Jack it'snot his fault" or something... still kinda buggs me, though.

I absolutely can't stand Jack at the beginning of his story but I like the spooky last part. What in hell had Alex seen?!

I suspected he saw that the Daleks would kidnap some planets? Didn't he something about darkness? "The stars are going out"? It's been a while...
Btw. Alex (and his apartment) is part of Jacks "dreamworld" in the audiobook In The Shadows.

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 09:54:52 am »

Oh, I have no doubt about that... but you think you're dying and your last sentence is going to be about Jack? I know he's pretty, but...
I don't think she would have said "Tell Jack to tell Rhys that I love him!"... well, we'll never know. Perhaps it was just a "Tell Jack it'snot his fault" or something... still kinda buggs me, though.

I think it's in "Meat" that she finally makes up her mind what she really wants because when she had to choose between TW/Jack and Rhys, she chose Rhys.

I suspected he saw that the Daleks would kidnap some planets? Didn't he something about darkness? "The stars are going out"? It's been a while...

I think it must have been sth much worse to make him a murderer. We don't know him, but from Jack's reaction we can surmise that he was a good man who totally went over the edge when he saw what he did, whatever that was.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 11:39:17 am »

I think it must have been sth much worse to make him a murderer. We don't know him, but from Jack's reaction we can surmise that he was a good man who totally went over the edge when he saw what he did, whatever that was.
[/quote]

I always assumed it was tied to the Doctor Who Arc about the stolen planets, because I remember two or three references of a darkness coming (for Jack?) or something like that... and "The stars are going out" fit somehow... and since it never went anywhere. *shrug*

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: