Poll
Question: Which one/s is/are your favourite/s?
The Eleventh Hour - 0 (0%)
The Beast Below - 0 (0%)
Victory of the Daleks - 1 (6.7%)
The Time of Angels - 1 (6.7%)
Flesh and Stone - 0 (0%)
The Vampires of Venice - 3 (20%)
Amy's Choice - 2 (13.3%)
The Hungry Earth - 0 (0%)
Cold Blood - 0 (0%)
Vincent and the Doctor - 1 (6.7%)
The Lodger - 3 (20%)
The Pandorica Opens - 2 (13.3%)
The Big Bang - 2 (13.3%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite episode of Doctor Who (Season 5)  (Read 6214 times)
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« on: May 15, 2011, 12:52:32 pm »

I know we have at least three people here watching Doctor Who/Torchwood, so I thought we could do some polls. If someone wants to make "favourite Doctor/companion" polls, go ahead... I just want to know your favourite episodes.    Grin

So, you have three votes each, but you don't have to use them all. You can also change your choices anytime you like, cause sometimes you learn to love certain episodes with time.   Wink

SEASON 5

Doctor:
Eleven
Companion:
Amy Pond
----------
Rory Williams

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 01:05:07 pm »

"The vampires of Venice" - a DW story in its purest form: an old legend put into an SF background and the moral dilemma if it is OK to commit genozide in order to save a bit of humanity. And another great actress, Helen McCrory and Rory on his first trip.
"Vincent and the doctor" - did not make that much of an impact the first time, but it is a story with a great emphasis on the human factor. Also, Amy crying without knowing why is another of those beautifully sad scenes.
"The lodger" - because it was fun most of the time and showed a quite different side of the doctor.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 02:29:12 pm »

Time of Angels:
I never actually thought we would see River Song again, so I was delighted to learn she would be there. This is actually the first episode of the series I watched (I somehow forgot the premier date *cough*). I didn't know this new Doctor of Amy and I still loved it. The Angels were back and as creepy as ever... River Song was back and I was excited to watch the rest of the season afterwards.

The Vampires of Venice:
"The vampires of Venice" - a DW story in its purest form: an old legend put into an SF background and the moral dilemma if it is OK to commit genozide in order to save a bit of humanity. And another great actress, Helen McCrory and Rory on his first trip.

Basically this. The episode where I learned to love Rory... and I remember how sorry I felt for him because I thought he would play the fourth fidle to the Doctors first, sedond and third in Amys life... oh boy, how glad I am that I was wrong.

The Big Bang:
Yes there was some weird timey whimey stuff, but it made me laugh instead of cry. I watched it and had a big smile on my face afterwards.

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 06:54:39 pm »

I feel a bit sad that most of this series didn't leave much of an impression on me. It's not that I don't like it, quite the opposite really, but most of the storylines were just okay for me. I can't remember most of the secondary characters and I was often rather frustrated by Amy's lack of character development. I adore Matt Smith in every single episode, but most of the episodes themselves...eh, they're okay. But, with a few exceptions that I'll list below, I'd rewatch this series just for the heck of it, rather than because I'm in love with it like I did with series 4. I'd rewatch it for these episodes:

The Vampires of Venice:

Basically this. The episode where I learned to love Rory... and I remember how sorry I felt for him because I thought he would play the fourth fidle to the Doctors first, sedond and third in Amys life... oh boy, how glad I am that I was wrong.

I second this. Wholeheartedly.

Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang
It was fun, it was entertaining, it was intense, and for once the ending wasn't a downer. Plus, RORANICUS. What a sexy badass. Smiley And the Doctor with a fez! I'm willing to ignore all the timey wimey that usually irritates me because I honestly just love this finale. River is in it being just as coy as ever, Amy and Rory get married (finally!), and Matt Smith Dancing...Oh gods. xD

I also enjoyed The Lodger because I adored seeing that side of the Doctor and for once Amy wasn't with him! I like her, but I really like when he interacts with other people while she's not around. Amy is a little zany herself, but she can usually balance out the Doctor's Cloud Cuckoo Lander tendancies. He talks with cats! LOVE IT.

Lastly, I enjoyed the Eleventh Hour for the same reason. Eleven is so delightfully quirky and it's an especially sharp contrast from Ten. "You're Scottish, fry something!" and "I'm the Doctor. Basically...run."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: