Poll
Question: Which one/s is/are your favourite/s?
Partners in Crime - 0 (0%)
The Fires of Pompeji - 0 (0%)
Planet of the Ood - 0 (0%)
The Sontaran Stratagem - 0 (0%)
The Poison Sky - 0 (0%)
The Doctor's Daughter - 0 (0%)
The Unicorn and the Wasp - 0 (0%)
Silence in the Library - 3 (21.4%)
Forest of the Dead - 2 (14.3%)
Midnight - 3 (21.4%)
Turn Left - 2 (14.3%)
The Stolen Earth - 3 (21.4%)
Journey's End - 1 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite episode of Doctor Who (Season 4)  (Read 2452 times)
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« on: May 15, 2011, 12:47:08 pm »

I know we have at least three people here watching Doctor Who/Torchwood, so I thought we could do some polls. If someone wants to make "favourite Doctor/companion" polls, go ahead... I just want to know your favourite episodes.    Grin

So, you have three votes each, but you don't have to use them all. You can also change your choices anytime you like, cause sometimes you learn to love certain episodes with time.    Wink

SEASON 4

Doctor:
Ten (David Tennant)
Companion:
Donna Noble (Catherine Tate)

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 12:59:46 pm »

"Midnight" for me is maybe the best DW episode RTD has written. Such a simple twist, but so scary, especially with the Doctor on the outside of the group. Also, I came to like Lesley Sharp very much in RTD's other shows. Great actress.

And the finale again, because I just love it, the meeting of the Doctor's "children of time" all together - and Ianto & Gwen thrown in, too.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 02:12:51 pm »

Forest of the Dead:
A planet = library? Awesome!
Vashta Narada? Ghosting? Skulls? Creepy!
River Song? Always loved her!

I loved the "these are our forests!" reveal and the Doctors "We're in the biggest library of the universe. Look me up!"
I watched the whole exchange while River is preparing to sacrifice herseld... "You have all of that to come. You and me, time and space- you watch us run!" indeed... and how the Doctor from now on could open the TARDIS with a snap of his fingers started his "transformation" to the Doctor River knew/knows.

The Stolen Earth:
That is probably my favourite of the season and always will be. Everyone is there! Rose, Martha, Mickey, Jack, Ianto, Gwen, Sarah Jane & Co... I loved every minute of it.

This is probably the hardest poll for me, cause this is my favourite season of Doctor Who till now. I love every episode... I can't decide which episode should get the third vote. x__x
I loved Partners in Crime for the pantomime alone. I loved The Fires of Pompeji and Planet of the Ood for the character development of Donna. I loved Midnight for the simplicity. I loved Turn Left because Catherine Tate was so awesome in it. I loved Journeys End for the Heartbreak. ect ect.

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 06:23:24 pm »

So I just rewatched series 4 on a whim. Gosh, I had forgotten how GOOD it was. Definitely my favorite season now, hands down. I liked every single episode, which has never been the case for any other season of any other show. It was hard to choose just three favorite episodes. So, here is what I finally decided:

Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
I always love the Moffat storylines, especially since they are usually the only episodes that legitimately creep me out or scare me, but I loved this two parter for the character development. River's sacrifice is such a beautiful moment for both her and the Doctor, and I lovelovelove Donna and all of her character development. Also, Moffat as already set up the groundwork for the later series' and I was amazed by the foreshadowing that I had obviously missed when I first watched it.

Turn Left
This was the second episode I ever watched of Doctor Who (the first episode being Midnight) and I love it because of Donna's character development (again). It's such a powerful if rather depressing episode and it showcases some of the reasons why I adore Donna. I just really love this episode. Also, I like the way the Doctor's affection and appreciation for her was shown. Their conversation at the end was a "d'awww" moment for me. Well, that is, before the Doctor learned that the universe was in peril...

While I ultimately chose those episodes as "favorites," I still really really love The Stolen Earth, Midnight, and Partners in Crime. Tenth Doctor and Donna Noble FTW! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: