Poll
Question: Which one/s is/are your favourite/s?
Smith and Jones - 0 (0%)
The Shakespeare Code - 0 (0%)
Gridlock - 1 (6.7%)
Daleks in Manhatten - 0 (0%)
Evolution of the Daleks - 0 (0%)
The Lazarus Experiment - 0 (0%)
42 - 0 (0%)
Human Nature - 3 (20%)
The Family of Blood - 1 (6.7%)
Blink - 5 (33.3%)
Utopia - 3 (20%)
The Sound of the Drums - 2 (13.3%)
Last of the Time Lords - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite episode of Doctor Who (Season 3)  (Read 14922 times)
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« on: May 15, 2011, 12:38:38 pm »

I know we have at least three people here watching Doctor Who/Torchwood, so I thought we could do some polls. If someone wants to make "favourite Doctor/companion" polls, go ahead... I just want to know your favourite episodes.     Grin

So, you have three votes each, but you don't have to use them all. You can also change your choices anytime you like, cause sometimes you learn to love certain episodes with time.    Wink

SEASON 3

Doctor:
Ten (David Tennant)
Companion:
Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:41:50 pm by Aziraphale » Logged

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 12:55:29 pm »

"Gridlock" because it was a very interesting story which made me feel very strongly for the extras. That makes it quite a typical RTD story I think, with gay agenda thrown in in a very subtle way.
"Blink" - don't have to explain that, I think.
"Utopia" - John Barrowman, Derek Jacobi & John Simm. Lovely!
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 01:55:47 pm »

Blink:
Well, yeah... no brainer. ^^;

Utopia:
HI JACK! I MISSED YOU! Jack back to being all flirty! "I was just saying hello!" indeed. :3
I loved every scene with Jack in it.
I loved the whole thing with the pocketwatch... the Doctors face as it dawns on him... *___*

The Sound of the Drums:
John Simms Master was awesome and very charismatic. I loved how you could feel that he had a bond with the Doctor without having to know exactly who the guy was aka without watching/knowing Old Who.

While I loved the Death scene of the Master, that Martha left on her own and that Jack decided he wanted to go back to his team, I just didn't love the last part of the finale as much as the two episodes before.

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:35:50 am »

John Simms Master was awesome and very charismatic.

John Simm is marvellous. His face, his voice, his acting, just wonderful. I still cannot really get it into my head that the unhinged Master is played by the same man as the loveable Sam Tyler. And in the other roles I have seen him so far he is totally different again.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 09:36:08 pm »

I was a little less satisfied with this season than the previous one, which is a pity since I've really warmed up to Martha Jones after my initial pissy reaction to her. Most of the episodes in this season were kinda mediocre to me. While I very much enjoyed Jack's return and adored John Simms' Master, I was admittedly not a fan of the three part finale, though it did have its moments. I'm sorry, but I can only suspend my disbelief to a point; RTD asked too much of me this time around.

Human Nature/Family of Blood:
I think part of my love for this two-parter stems from my love of the early 1900s setting. And the soundtrack. Music is often the determining factor of what I think of an episode/film. I loved Joan Redfern and Timothy, and the Family of Blood was wonderfully unsettling. Seeing the Doctor as a human is kinda symbolic to me, since DT's Doctor acts incredibly human even when he's his normal Time Lord self. I loved seeing the completely vulnerable human side of him, and also his darker side when he finally punishes The Family of Blood. That is actually one of my favorite aspects of the Tenth Doctor as a character. He alternates between extremely maniac and ruthlessly vengeful. This is a wonderfully unsettling character trait, because while he isn't as "scary" as the Ninth and Eleventh Doctors, I find both his mania and his dark side deeply disconcerting at time.

Blink:
Obviously. This is probably the only time that I've ever been so freaked out by anything on television. Every single time I watch it, I get really paranoid. Even though I know there is no Weeping Angel standing behind me in my bedroom, I HAVE to look over my shoulder a few times to make sure. It is so wonderfully executed and Sally Sparrow has to be one of my favorite "almost-companions" of the Doctor. I do think the statue montage at the end was kinda overkill, though. But I adored the little Noodle Incident before that. Smiley

I also really liked 42 because it was slightly reminiscent of The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit, but this time we see an absolutely terrified Doctor. Again, I'll admit that I'm also a fan of the space suit.

The Shakespeare Code was just...fun. Smiley
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 01:21:58 pm »

Blink:
Obviously. This is probably the only time that I've ever been so freaked out by anything on television. Every single time I watch it, I get really paranoid. Even though I know there is no Weeping Angel standing behind me in my bedroom, I HAVE to look over my shoulder a few times to make sure. It is so wonderfully executed and Sally Sparrow has to be one of my favorite "almost-companions" of the Doctor. I do think the statue montage at the end was kinda overkill, though. But I adored the little Noodle Incident before that. Smiley

One week after watching that episode, I was in Rome... http://euxus.eu/rom/b800/4A210086-rom-engelsburg.jpg

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: