Poll
Question: Which one/s is/are your favourite/s?
Rose - 0 (0%)
The End of the World - 0 (0%)
The Unquiet Dead - 0 (0%)
Aliens of London - 0 (0%)
World War Three - 0 (0%)
Dalek - 0 (0%)
The Long Game - 0 (0%)
Father's Day - 1 (12.5%)
The Empty Child - 3 (37.5%)
The Doctor Dances - 3 (37.5%)
Boom Town - 0 (0%)
Bad Wolf - 1 (12.5%)
The Parting of the Ways - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite episode of Doctor Who (Season 1)  (Read 2606 times)
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« on: May 15, 2011, 12:26:59 pm »

I know we have at least three people here watching Doctor Who/Torchwood, so I thought we could do some polls. If someone wants to make "favourite Doctor/companion" polls, go ahead... I just want to know your favourite episodes.   Grin

So, you have three votes each, but you don't have to use them all. You can also change your choices anytime you like, cause sometimes you learn to love certain episodes with time.  Wink

SEASON ONE

Doctor:
Nine (Christopher Eccleston)
Companion:
Rose Tyler (Billie Piper)
----------
Jack Harkness (John Barrowman)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:42:56 pm by Aziraphale » Logged

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 12:43:30 pm »

Easy and not so easy. Easy are the first two choices, "The empty child" and "The doctor dances", of course. Those are my favorites of the whole show, all seasons so far. I think those two episodes (one long episode for me) are just marvellous, story, scare factor, dialogues ("I like bananas, bananas are good!" totally went into my vocabulary), acting (incl. the guests) and, as the creaming, dear Captain Jack's appearance and the perfect ending.
The third was the tough one because I like them all, except maybe "The long game" and the season finale, etc. But I went for my sentimental favorite, "Father's day". The story is absolute nonsense, but I always had a soft spot for Rose's parents, both of them and there are some heart-wrenching scenes here. Also, as I especially like Doc-with-a-chip-on-his-shoulder, I like the scenes when the Doc shows one of his other faces and the scene where he tells Rose off for what she did and is (understandably) so angry and mean is such a strong scene.

PS: I really should not make that "one last look before I shut down my puter" because I never can resist any polls.  Roll Eyes
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 01:13:02 pm »

I chose The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances for the same reasons you did... these episodes made my laugh (bananas! "Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, "Ooh, this could be a little more sonic"?") and cry. They brought us Captain Jack Harkness! And in the end everybody lives!

And now I can't decide which episode I should give my third vote or if I should give it to one episode at all... decisions, decisions...

I really should not make that "one last look before I shut down my puter" because I never can resist any polls.

Uh-oh... that "last look" led to too many nights of lack of sleep for me to count...

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 01:29:14 pm »

Uh-oh... that "last look" led to too many nights of lack of sleep for me to count...

My dear, you are killing me with those polls! I was supposed to shut down long ago but I just could not resist answering.

Not to forget, "Well, I have a banana and in a pinch you could put up some shelves."  Cheesy
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 01:45:20 pm »

My dear, you are killing me with those polls! I was supposed to shut down long ago but I just could not resist answering.

I'm just that evil Sorry.  Kiss

Not to forget, "Well, I have a banana and in a pinch you could put up some shelves."  Cheesy

Further proof to the Jack = River crack theory that no one believes but three people on the interwebs!
River: You've got a screwdriver! Go build a cabinet! XP
I want them to meet. ;__; (Run Doctor, run!)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: