Poll
Question: Which one/s is/are your favourite/s?
Malcom in the Middle
How I Met Your Mother
The Nanny
Two and a Half Men
The Big Bang Theory
Seinfeld
The Office (UK)
The Office (US)
Friends
Arrested Development
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Roseanne
Everybody Loves Raymond
Family Matters
Married with Children
Full House
Modern Family
Other (comment)
Don't watch them at all

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite Sitcom  (Read 3852 times)
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« on: May 07, 2011, 08:58:12 am »

Okay, I thought  maybe we could have some polls with different genres. The lists will be long, but I can't put everything in them, obviously... the options are basically the ones that I could think of right away (no I didn't watch everything.  Grin)

SITCOMS

Yay! Found another genre, where my brain gives me more than three different options.
For me, sitcoms are not something I watch regularly... I'm not really sad when I miss an episode or upset when it's cancelled. They're just there, they're (hopefully) entertaining and they don't need all that much continuity if you ask me. What's your opinion and which ones do you (dis)like (if you watch them at all)?

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 10:23:41 am »

I can't watch them any longer, at least not for much longer than a few minutes, because now shows like that tend to bore me. That's a pity, really.
But I used to like "Roseanne", "Married with children"and "Malcolm in the middle" very, very much.

*sings 'Love and a marriage'*
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 10:53:55 am »

*sings 'Love and a marriage'*

Oh no! Now I won't be able to sleep tonight! *sings along*~

I was never a "fan" of Sitcoms, but I enjoy(ed) some of them. They have emotional value for me... When I was a kid, I would watch "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air with my grandparents and when I was sick I used to watch The Nanny. Even today, everytime I zap into The Nanny, I have to watch it. It used to make me laugh so hard and it still makes me smile... I think over the years I watched every episode at least twice since one channel would do re-runs ad nauseum. xD

I have seen and enjoyed some episodes of How I Met Your Mother and Friends, but I have seen some dreadly boring ones too... and John Stamos on Glee made me remember Full House which I watched with my little sister sometimes.

The only Sitcom of the ones I've watched (and with "watched" I mean I've seen more than three episodes) and hated was Everyone loves Raymond. I always found that one dreadfully unfunny. Never got the hype around King of Queens either...

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 11:01:50 am »

Oh no! Now I won't be able to sleep tonight! *sings along*~

It totally cracked me up when I found out that this is a "real" song.

I have seen and enjoyed some episodes of How I Met Your Mother and Friends, but I have seen some dreadly boring ones too... and John Stamos on Glee made me remember Full House which I watched with my little sister sometimes.

The first two are ones I really like to watch for a few minutes, because they are funny and nice, but then I get restless and have to move on.

Never got the hype around King of Queens either...

That's another "a few minutes" show. I do like it, especially because it somehow reminds me on my best friend and her husband. Of course, she is not such a shrew as Carrie and he is not such an idiot as Doug, but still ... Don't tell them! They would kill me!  Grin
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 11:28:52 am »

It totally cracked me up when I found out that this is a "real" song.

That was a strange moment for me, too.
Urgh... it's in my head and won't leave. x___x

The first two are ones I really like to watch for a few minutes, because they are funny and nice, but then I get restless and have to move on.

HIMYM is one of the few newer shows where I can tolerate the laugh track- except when the episode is boring.

That's another "a few minutes" show. I do like it, especially because it somehow reminds me on my best friend and her husband. Of course, she is not such a shrew as Carrie and he is not such an idiot as Doug, but still ... Don't tell them! They would kill me!  Grin

Aaaaw. I won't tell.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: