Poll
Question: Which one/s is/are your favourite/s?
CSI
CSI: Miami
CSI: New York
Law and Order
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
NCIS
NCIS: LA
Criminal Minds
Cold Case
Without a Trace
Castle
Hawaii Five-O (Original)
Hawaii Five-O (New)
The Shield
Columbo
The Mentalist
Bones
Other (comment)
I don't watch them at all

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite Police/Crime procedurals  (Read 8533 times)
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« on: April 16, 2011, 05:38:51 pm »

Okay, I thought  maybe we could have some polls with different genres. The lists will be long, but I can't put everything in them, obviously... the options are basically the ones that I could think of right away (no I didn't watch everything.  Grin).

CRIME/POLICE PROCEDURALS

First I thought of just putting an the CSI's and Law & Orders (I know there were more, but I picked the most popular ones, I think) together but in the end they're really different shows.

I actually enjoy some of these series while watching them, but would never buy them ob DVD... so I wouldn't say I'm a fan.
Columbo seems to be the odd one out here, but I wanted some old series (other that the original Hawaii Five-0) there and my other older favourites from when I was a child (Murder she wrote, Quincy, Matlock) seem to be "just" dramas, so yeah...

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 01:49:49 pm »

You made my day, I love polls!

This is not my preferred genre, but there are shows I love or loved to watch. Unfortunately, they are not on your list.  Grin

I get three choices?
So, Nr. 1 without any doubt even if I know only about 40 % of it by now and it is not just a police/crime procedural show is my newest TV love, "The wire".
Nr. 2 would be "Life on Mars UK". OK, it's crime paired with supernatural elements. But marvellous.
Nr. 3 would be "Life". Had its weaknesses, but I loved it.
TabulaRasa
Ka'redan

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:54:07 pm »

I usually hate police procedurals, but I started watching Criminal Minds on Saturday, and I'm currently addicted.  I also watch Psych, but I'm not sure if that counts.
cclickyppp
Ritlua

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 02:47:54 pm »

1. Castle, cause it's hilarious
2. Bones, cause Bones is awkward, and Seeley is too  Wink
3. NCIS, cause it's also sorta funny and it's got Pauley Perrette, who's awesome!

"Azrael."
"Yes, Captain?" I nearly fall out of my seat getting up.
"Where's Kent?"
"Dutifully returning work to its rightful owners," I smirk.
"Damn... some of that was mine," I smirk wider...
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 03:46:06 pm »

Cold Case:
I'm a sap. I love the cheesy endings when they see the victims and the music starts and everyone flashbacks to how they looked years ago... and there was never a romantic plot tumor, which is a BIG plus!

The Mentalist:
It was that or Criminal Minds and since I don't enjoy Criminal Minds anymore, The Mentalist it is. ;3 It's not a "must watch"-show for me, but I watch it regularly (with my mother) and don't get bored, so yeah.

Hawaii-Five 0 (New): (Surprise, I know.  Grin)
Oh my silly, fanservicy, pretty, cracky show! I heart you so much! I don't care about the plot most of the time (if I did and if I didn't ignore all the mistakes like you don't freakin touch a murder weaopn without gloves!, I wouldn't enjoy it so much)... I watch for the TEAM and the team is awesome.

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 06:57:07 pm »

I picked the Mentalist, Criminal Minds and the Shield. I also love Law and Order: SVU, but I could only pick three. All but the Shield are old favorites. The Shield I recently borrowed off of a friend and watched all of the seasons in two weeks. Loved it.

I'm currently watching Oz (reminds me a lot of Cagebird, or at least parts of Cagebird) which while being about crime doesn't really qualify as a procedural. I'm not sure what else I'd qualify it as.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
TabulaRasa
Ka'redan

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 02:10:53 pm »

I tried watching Cold Case, but I couldn't stand any of the characters, so I just watched episodes with interesting crimes.  I've also been watching Southland which is really good (and really realistic which is rare for a police procedural).
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 03:33:41 pm »

This isn't a procedural per se, but JUSTIFIED is awesome.

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 10:51:33 am »

This isn't a procedural per se, but JUSTIFIED is awesome.

I have just started to watch it. I'm not yet sure what to make of it, but good to know that it will be worth it! Maybe it helps that I loved Western movies and novels when I was a kid.
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 11:10:18 pm »

I picked the Mentalist, Criminal Minds and the Shield. I also love Law and Order: SVU, but I could only pick three. All but the Shield are old favorites. The Shield I recently borrowed off of a friend and watched all of the seasons in two weeks. Loved it.

I'm currently watching Oz (reminds me a lot of Cagebird, or at least parts of Cagebird) which while being about crime doesn't really qualify as a procedural. I'm not sure what else I'd qualify it as.

I used Oz as part of my research for that section of Cagebird, so no surprise. Wink But verified the layout of the prison with a friend of mine who'd actually helped design a prison. Retroactively, since I volunteer in a max security prison, I realized that what I described in Cagebird was pretty much accurate.

Otter
Ritlua

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 08:01:07 pm »

Choice 1: NCIS - I'm not a huge watcher of crime dramas, but my roommate recently got me hooked on NCIS.  Great characters, interesting plots, and enough action to keep it exciting!

Choice 2: Criminal Minds - I really enjoy the unique premise behind this show, so it makes for more interesting thought processes and techniques in solving cases

Choice 3: The X-Files (other) - I really hope this counts!! Absolutely loved, and continue to love, this show, and one of the few where I actively seek reruns.  As a huge fan of science fiction (don't see that on this site at all) and atypical premises, the X-Files is the best of both worlds.  As the years have gone on since airing the show, it has become slower by comparison to more action-packed series, but investigating the paranormal and extraterrestrial activites was so awe-inspiring to me.  It was also a great dynamic between Mulder and Scully, the believer and the skeptic, respectively, that really drove the show.

Yes, we are part of this universe.  We are in this universe.  But perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the universe is in us.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: