Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping Up with the Kids...  (Read 23790 times)
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« on: February 23, 2010, 08:39:34 pm »

How is everyone?

Apparently the old board is dead. May it rest in peace and all of that.

I am currently three months from graduation. Woooooooooooooo!!! Barring, of course, failing any classes. That would suck. I can't afford this anymore. It's time to graduate. Spring break is a little less than two weeks away. Someone needs to tell Case that isn't actually Spring. They don't seem to have caught on yet. But besides needing to write my senior papers sometime soon (and pay the rest of my tuition at a far too expensive school), things are good.

So, anyone else? Updates? Anything exciting lately? Clearly Shaz had a baby... that's exciting.

If you know the song I referenced in the subject heading, you get an extra cookie.  Grin

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:51:21 pm »

No cookies for me tonight. Wink

Hang in there, Ritla! That sounds tough. I wish you the best of luck on your classes and financial situation.

Eh, I myself am okay, though lately I've been having a severe case of the winter blahs. This always occurs between January and March because I can't go outside due to the cold and summer vacation seems so far away. So I've been rather lethargic, unmotivated, and even more easily distracted than usual. It's rather frustrating. I'm taking an ACT prep class, which would be more helpful if I actually had time to do the homework/extra practice. Tomorrow I have to take another four hour long practice test and then come home and do homework. Fantastic.
As for exciting, I can't really think of anything right now, other than looking forward to no school on Friday. Bless you, institute days! Though I have to babysit four little monst--I mean girls that night.
Shaz
Jii-klala
Ritlua

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 09:10:30 pm »

**chuckles** No, monsters is an accurate term. I love mine but times like this I definitely realize her potential for evil. We've been trying to get her to sleep for the past 3 hours. We're exhausted and she's doing baby jazzercise. We finally put her in her bassinet and snuck out of the room; hoping and praying she goes to sleep.

Since the last time I was active on the old forums, I became a Nationally Certified Teacher (this is a BIG DEAL), moved to another state, had the job from hell, got another job that is *slightly* better, had the worst year of my teaching career, had one of the best classes I've ever taught, and had a baby. That last one is by far the toughest part.

I'm taking an online course in order to help renew my teaching certificate. I find myself doing research, working on assignments and posting during the middle of the night feedings.  Multi-tasking for the win.

Baby Blog: http://thetinyoverlord.blogspot.com/

Science Blog: http://rdascience.blogspot.com/

I am made of the stuff of the stars, and the oceans flow through my veins
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 09:51:08 pm »

Getting those girls to go to bed is often a Sisyphian task; all my hard work amounts to nothing. The younger girls won't go to bed until the older girls do, and if the older girls are hyper, then there's no chance in hell that any of them will go to bed. *sigh* At least the parents are understanding.

Wow, Shaz, congrats on being a Nationally Certified Teacher. That means you do a pretty good job teaching, right?
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 07:42:45 am »

Congrats on being a super teacher, Shaz.  Cheesy

I'm with you on multi-tasking for the win.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Shaz
Jii-klala
Ritlua

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 07:51:59 am »

Thanks. Ritla, only 1% of teachers become Nationally Certified. Now if I can just convince my principal that I am indeed a good teacher, LOL. Also, the state of GA has taken away the bonus we used to get for being Nationally Certified. That hurt; it was a substantial bonus. Ah well, we all have to make due in these times.  And I make more teaching in GA than in FL, and it's cheaper to live in GA, so it all works out in the end.

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 09:05:10 pm »

Whew, glad I made it home in one piece tonight! I just got out of an ACT prep class and walked out the door to find fat snowflakes flying past my face and a good couple of inches on the ground. I was definitely not expecting that. I live less than ten minutes away from my school, but it was trecherous driving. At first, before the defogger actually started working, I could only see out of the bottom half of the windshield because it was icing over. I never exeeded 20 mph because the roads were so bad and I kept sliding. Ah, the joys of living in the Midwest. But I suppose I can't complain too much because the East Coast is about to be walloped again by another storm or two. It must seriously suck to live there right now. Sad
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 10:24:34 am »

We're supposed to get a ton of snow over the next few days here in Cleveland. It's supposed to snow for the next five days straight, with up to a foot of snow. Not looking forward to it, unless we get a snowday out of it, which seems unlikely.  Undecided

ErretsGirl
Striviirc-na
Ritlua

wicked witch of old europe

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 02:53:35 pm »

can you guys export some snow our way?
we haven't seen any snow in thessaloniki in years.
plus it's been so warm the last week (high 50's really),
we feel like spring is here already.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 11:18:46 am »

I would love to export some snow your way, ErretsGirl. We've got almost a foot here in Cleveland and it's still snowing. It's supposed to keep snowing all day. I'll just have to work on my magical powers for that one...  Wink

melissamyth
Ritlua

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 11:11:20 pm »

It's been a crazy winter here. All our snow is melting. My backyard is all brown grass now. I don't mind the weirdly warm weather, but this the U.P. It's supposed to be cold. We are supposed to get snow. I can't help but think that we will get it all in April as some kind of payback. . . 
Shaz
Jii-klala
Ritlua

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 11:38:20 pm »

More snow for me...I live in the Atlanta area! This is crazy!

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 03:32:34 pm »

The snow is melting where I live. Yay! Supposedly the rest of the week is going to be in the mid-30s, but I don't trust weather forcasts past the day after tomorrow.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 10:07:56 pm »

We had a ton of snow over the weekend, but it is melting now. That's for the best, as Spring Break starts Friday here. Ha. For being the best school in Ohio, Case still clearly hasn't caught on to the concept of equinoxes and what actually constitutes spring.  Undecided

Khantael
Ritlua

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 07:38:39 pm »

Lovely to see how everybody's doing.

I'm trying to fix my sleeping woes and am getting nowhere. I'm frequently up too late (I'm writing this at half past 2 in the morning) because I just can't sleep until my eyes are literally drooping, I just end up lying in bed for hours, and then sleeping through my alarm and missing classes. It's highly frustrating as I'm normally fairly motivated and attend loads even though I have to travel...

I got my dissertation approved, which means I have to write a worrying amount of words but I write better on things I know and love and the module choices next year aren't too great.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: