Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctor Who / Torchwood  (Read 86269 times)
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« on: January 04, 2011, 06:12:49 pm »

Couldn't find a prettier one with both shows in it...

Well, since these two series are taking over the TV-series thread I thought maybe it's time they got one of their own. Cheesy

TV-series, novels, audio dramas and everything between find a place here. ^___^

So, continuing where we left off:

Thinking about that, the companions never seem to get hurt physically, do they? Apart from the odd dying, that is.

Hm, I'm not familiar with the Old Who, so I can't say anything about them (except Adrics death, which I watched on Youtube) but the companions aren't even dying... okay, if you count the one episode only companions, like Astrid. And Jack. But he got better. And I can't remember injuries either... huh. Well, they'll find a way to make Rory helpful. Cheesy

But thinking about their personalities you'd think Jack was the screamer and Ianto the softie.  Grin

*snort* (<- which btw. is a great word. I'm never able to find a word which expresses what this word represents to me in German. It frustrates me)

It's interesting that all of them except Eve Myles are singers as well as actors.

Pssssst the next thing you know is Eve Myles recording some songs! Tongue
Ah well... I trade her being a great reader (as in "Vorleser" >___> is there really no English word that differentiates this?). I think she is perhaps the weakest actress of the cast (and it seems to stay that way) but I really enjoyed listening to her in "The Sin Eaters".
I'm a bit sad she won't read the new audio stories seemingly coming out this spring... Kai Owen will read them and I'm a bit sceptical because I really don't understand him without rewinding sometimes...

Heh. And it seems David Tennant and Georgia Moffet are now engaged.../ random info is random
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:35:03 am by Aziraphale » Logged

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 05:09:39 am »

Well, since these two series are taking over the TV-series thread I thought maybe it's time they got one of their own. Cheesy

Now the others can safely ignore us.  Grin

And Jack. But he got better.

I wouldn't say that. I think it's an awful thing what Rose did to him by accident. Of course, I love Jack and would not have wanted to miss his second, etc. life, but thinking about the character and what it does to him ...

*snort* (<- which btw. is a great word. I'm never able to find a word which expresses what this word represents to me in German. It frustrates me)

WTF also is a great and quite untranslateable way to express bewilderment.

Ah well... I trade her being a great reader (as in "Vorleser" >___> is there really no English word that differentiates this?). I think she is perhaps the weakest actress of the cast (and it seems to stay that way) but I really enjoyed listening to her in "The Sin Eaters".

What makes you think that? I think she is a good one, especially after seeing her again as Gwyneth. Such a different woman than Gwen, even if she obviously was a kind of great-aunt.

I started a rewatch of season 1. Nice! And I think now I know why I prefer Eccleston to the others, apart from the fact that his acting is marvellous, it must be the chip on his shoulder.

And in "Rose" for the first I noticed that they shot that in the big shopping centre in the middle of Cardiff. I was in the shop where Rose is working (I was there looking for a toilet!) and the first time I entered it was at the exact point where Jackie is going for her midnight shopping. And I remember the arcades where the Autons smash in the windows. Great! Love it.

Heh. And it seems David Tennant and Georgia Moffet are now engaged.../ random info is random

Yeah, I read that. Good for them! Apart from that she is a beautiful woman, I think it's great that she acutally is a Doctor's daughter. Very nice that!

I always wondered if the "you were my Doctor" from Tennant to Davison was just in the script or if this was a personal message from Tennant to him. If it was, maybe he already was dating his daughter then.  Grin
Of course, as I've never seen Davison as the Doc, for me he'll always be Tristan Farnon. Loved him in that role.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 06:24:00 am »

I wouldn't say that. I think it's an awful thing what Rose did to him by accident. Of course, I love Jack and would not have wanted to miss his second, etc. life, but thinking about the character and what it does to him ...

Of course... I meant it in the TV-Tropes-way... "He got better"-> he came back to live... but it's a fate "Worse than Death". XP No one died permanently. Jack was revived, Rose fell into an other world, Martha left him, Donnas memory was wiped... and I don't think they're going to kill Amy. (And if you count River... well, she does die... but the Doctor saves her... kinda.)

WTF also is a great and quite untranslateable way to express bewilderment.

*nodnod* Englisch has very good expressions for uhm... (sudden) reactions.

What makes you think that? I think she is a good one, especially after seeing her again as Gwyneth. Such a different woman than Gwen, even if she obviously was a kind of great-aunt.

Oh I don't think she is bad or something... I just think the others were... better. Or if you want it to see it this way: They succeded in creating characters I really cared about whith much less screen time than Eve Myles. I never cared about Gwen. I never hated her (okay, perhaps in the moment she ret-conned Rhys... but I hated Owen too, when he was seriously out of it at the end of season 1) but I never loved her either. There was not one moment in the entire series where I thought "I love this woman!"
Owen was... well, an asshole. But Burn Gorman somehow made him work... he was kind of charming, despite of his... (I don't want to say "weird", but I lack a better word) face... I can't decide if I think he's ugly or attractive.
I really liked Tosh and her quiet way. I would've loved to see more of Naoko Mori... the love story with Tommy was so beautifully acted and her death... *sobs*
And well... and we all know that it was GDL who made Ianto work.

I don't think John Barrowman is a great actor either, but he has this ridiculous charme. x__x

Oh and I do think Eve Myles got better with time. She was really good in CoE (when she stopped using her eyes so much).

Yeah, I read that. Good for them! Apart from that she is a beautiful woman, I think it's great that she acutally is a Doctor's daughter. Very nice that!

I wonder, if any child of theirs becomes an actor he's guaranteed a role on Doctor Who, if not the role of the Doctor... they're going to think a role in Who is something everyone has. Cheesy From what I gathered, Georgia grew up that way, as she went to school with one of Colin Baker's kids. (She said in interviews it led to the slightly odd impression, in childhood, that having Doctor Who for your Dad was a very regular occurrence.)

Of course, as I've never seen Davison as the Doc, for me he'll always be Tristan Farnon. Loved him in that role.

Somehow the name "Tristan Farnon" rings a bell...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:26:16 am by Aziraphale » Logged

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 10:06:58 am »

Of course... I meant it in the TV-Tropes-way... "He got better"-> he came back to live... but it's a fate "Worse than Death". XP No one died permanently. Jack was revived, Rose fell into an other world, Martha left him, Donnas memory was wiped... and I don't think they're going to kill Amy. (And if you count River... well, she does die... but the Doctor saves her... kinda.)

Well, they did kill Amy. Kinda. But I get what you mean.

There was not one moment in the entire series where I thought "I love this woman!"

That's my problem with Tosh/Naoko Mori. She is much too bland and I absolutely hate the one scene in "Greeks bearing gifts" when she lies on the bed crying and raving.
To be honest, I think she got a rotten deal from the writers. That's apart from the fact that she is poison because everyone she loves is doomed. Owen had his hours numbered immediately after he agreed on a date with her.
Every time I watch the whole series its the same, the one moment when she gets me is her very last one, when she is dying. Then I think her marvellous and do care for her. Before, nope. Bad me!

As for Gwen, I do like her, especially her dynamics with Rhys. She feels much more alive for me than Tosh. As for retconning Rhys, that's quite cruel, yes. But I like my characters to be selfish and cruel sometimes. And that's the problem with Tosh, no edges.
I thinks that's the same problem I have with Martha. Much too smooth and bland a character for my liking.
Owen was... well, an asshole. But Burn Gorman somehow made him work... he was kind of charming, despite of his... (I don't want to say "weird", but I lack a better word) face... I can't decide if I think he's ugly or attractive.

I like Owen exactly for that assholyness. Is that a word? Don't think so.  Grin And I just love his crooked grin.
And well... and we all know that it was GDL who made Ianto work.

It helps, that he usually has the best lines.

I wonder, if any child of theirs becomes an actor he's guaranteed a role on Doctor Who, if not the role of the Doctor... they're going to think a role in Who is something everyone has. Cheesy

You're right. That child would be twice the Doctor's grandchild as well as child. Kind of a DW aristocracy.  Grin

From what I gathered, Georgia grew up that way, as she went to school with one of Colin Baker's kids. (She said in interviews it led to the slightly odd impression, in childhood, that having Doctor Who for your Dad was a very regular occurrence.)

Nice!

Somehow the name "Tristan Farnon" rings a bell...

That was his role on his first major TV role, "All creatures great and small" (Der Doktor und das liebe Vieh), as a young veterinary. I used to watch it as a child because my mother loved it. I liked it.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 05:52:32 pm »

Well, they did kill Amy. Kinda. But I get what you mean.

And they erased the Doctor. ^^; Or rather... put him behind a wall?!

Every time I watch the whole series its the same, the one moment when she gets me is her very last one, when she is dying. Then I think her marvellous and do care for her. Before, nope. Bad me!

Aaaaaw. *pat* It's true, she hasn't much to do... I think one more season with a little bit more focus on her (like Owen got with the dead but alive storyline) would've been great.
And yes, she was cursed... oh I wished they would've kept Tommy longer. I thought they were cute together.
And her dying-scene is *really* touching and I always cry, but what makes it worse is her video were she says "I hope I did good."... ;___;

I thinks that's the same problem I have with Martha. Much too smooth and bland a character for my liking.

As long as there are other characters they can interact with, I'm okay and even like most of these characters... most of the time, they won't become favourites, but I'm okay with them.

That was his role on his first major TV role, "All creatures great and small" (Der Doktor und das liebe Vieh), as a young veterinary. I used to watch it as a child because my mother loved it. I liked it.

Oh yes... Der Doktor und das liebe Vieh! I giggled when I first heard that title when I was a child... I thought it was funny...

They finally found their Esther! http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/01/torchwood-new-world-more-casting.html
(From what country could the name "Katusi" come from?... And how is it pronounced?)

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 01:02:58 pm »

And they erased the Doctor. ^^; Or rather... put him behind a wall?!

They did that before. Yesterday I watched "Father's day" where he dies, too, temporarily. Or is erased? Whatever.

Aaaaaw. *pat* It's true, she hasn't much to do... I think one more season with a little bit more focus on her (like Owen got with the dead but alive storyline) would've been great.

Even in the one episode, where she is kind of rebelling, "Greeks", she spends most of it crying. Girl can't even be a proper rebel! And I think she is the only one who never gets to smack down or shot Jack. What's she doing in Torchwood?  Cheesy

And her dying-scene is *really* touching and I always cry, but what makes it worse is her video were she says "I hope I did good."... ;___;

The fact that she manages to save Cardiff without letting Owen know that she is dying, too, is marvellous. Alas, too late. She is nice and I do like her, but she is the one staff I care least about.

As long as there are other characters they can interact with, I'm okay and even like most of these characters... most of the time, they won't become favourites, but I'm okay with them.

I don't have a problem with them, they are just the least preferred of their kind.

They finally found their Esther! http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/01/torchwood-new-world-more-casting.html
(From what country could the name "Katusi" come from?... And how is it pronounced?)

I'd pronounce it like it's written. So, now that's the main cast complete. About time!
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 02:07:35 pm »

Even in the one episode, where she is kind of rebelling, "Greeks", she spends most of it crying. Girl can't even be a proper rebel! And I think she is the only one who never gets to smack down or shot Jack. What's she doing in Torchwood?  Cheesy

...She must have been an alien. Cheesy
Ah well, I surprisingly liked them all pretty equally- if for different reasons. Well, maybe I liked Ianto best of them (even if I have to cringe writing that because of all the fuss) but I miss them all. u_u (Pretty sentimental right now... *watches The Queen*)

The fact that she manages to save Cardiff without letting Owen know that she is dying, too, is marvellous. Alas, too late. She is nice and I do like her, but she is the one staff I care least about.

And she saved Gwen and Ianto post mortem from the Daleks... while Jack was running off meeting the Doctor...

I don't have a problem with them, they are just the least preferred of their kind.

It varies for me from character from character. :3

So, now that's the main cast complete. About time!

I do wonder if they're going to kill one of them off right in the first episode, like with Suzie though. Cheesy

grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 02:21:06 pm »

Ah well, I surprisingly liked them all pretty equally- if for different reasons. Well, maybe I liked Ianto best of them (even if I have to cringe writing that because of all the fuss) but I miss them all. u_u (Pretty sentimental right now... *watches The Queen*)

I know what you mean, because he is more or less is my favorite character, but I would hate to be thrown into the same basket as all those people in desperate need of a life. I did not leave any messages on the memorial wall. And, yeah, I still am the one who actually likes RTD.  Grin
Also, nobody now will ever believe me that I already knew and liked the name Ianto long before TW, from the wonderful novel "How green was my valley", where it was the name of one of the brothers of the main protagonist. I like all those Welsh names, but that one I thought had an especially nice ring to it.

And she saved Gwen and Ianto post mortem from the Daleks... while Jack was running off meeting the Doctor...

Right! BTW, I wonder what Jack had expected to find on his return. He couldn't have expected them to survive, could he?

I do wonder if they're going to kill one of them off right in the first episode, like with Suzie though. Cheesy

Well, the second new cast is said to appear only in the first or one episode ... And as long as they keep their fingers off Gwen, Rhys, their child and Andy, they are welcome to anything else.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 02:49:22 pm »

Right! BTW, I wonder what Jack had expected to find on his return. He couldn't have expected them to survive, could he?

I kinda always wanted a scene were he apologizes for just leaving them... I mean "I'm coming back" is really comforting if you have a 100% chance of dying (because they didn't know Tosh would save them)... I bet Rhys would've been thrilled.

Well, the second new cast is said to appear only in the first or one episode ... And as long as they keep their fingers off Gwen, Rhys, their child and Andy, they are welcome to anything else.

If they kill one of them off, I don't think it'll be in the first episode. If it's Gwen, it's going to be the last... if it's Rhys and/or Baby Anwen it's going to be the second to last episode- preparing for the finale. Hm, well I guess they could kill Andy anytime. (Noooooo!)

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 05:14:24 pm »

I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I finally got around to watching Doctor Who and I love it. I'm making my way through series 4 right now. I loved the Ninth Doctor, but I'm particularly fond of the Tenth. Oh, David Tennant...

On the subject of Torchwood, I liked all five team members, with a certain soft spot for Ianto and Gwen. I really liked Tosh, and I'm sad that they left her kind of mysterious; building alien technology to save her mother and then getting caught? C'mon, give us more than that!
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 05:38:51 pm »

I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I finally got around to watching Doctor Who and I love it. I'm making my way through series 4 right now. I loved the Ninth Doctor, but I'm particularly fond of the Tenth. Oh, David Tennant...

OMG Grisel, someone talks to us! I might faint from exitement! *___*
...I'm sorry I'm really weird today... what I meant is, that we certainly don't mind. ^^

I LOVED series 4! It has some of my absolute favourite moments and I'm especially fond of the friendship between Ten and Donna. ^_^ How far into series 4 are you? ^_^

On the subject of Torchwood, I liked all five team members, with a certain soft spot for Ianto and Gwen. I really liked Tosh, and I'm sad that they left her kind of mysterious; building alien technology to save her mother and then getting caught? C'mon, give us more than that!

I agree. Tosh had potential and I kept hoping she would get a storyline, like Owen, but then she died. ;__;
It's the same with Ianto... I gues we'll never know why he lied about his father.
One of the reasons I bought the novels, "The Torchwood Archives" and the encyclopedia was, that I hoped to find out more about them... things the writers had in theit heads, but didn't fit into the series without "And now I'm telling you my backstory!"-anvil.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:59:01 pm by Aziraphale » Logged

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 06:03:17 pm »

OMG Grisel, someone talks to us! I might faint of exitement! *___*
...I'm sorry I'm really weird today... what I meant is, that we certainly don't mind. ^^

Hahaha, I haven't been very active in the forum, especially regarding this topic since I only just started!
Don't apologize for being excited. You two have dominated this thread long enough! Wink

I LOVED series 4! It has some of my absolute favourite moments and I'm especially fond of the friendship between Ten and Donna. ^_^ How far into series 4 are you? ^_^

Well, it's kind of a funny story. Okay, not really. I basically watched some of this season out of order when it first aired in the U.S. Now that I'm going in order, I'm only on episode...well, I forgot the number but believe it's called 'The Fires of Pompeii' or something. *is too lazy to look it up*

I agree. Tosh had potential and I kept hoping she would get a storyline, like Owen, but then she died. ;__;

Rawr, I know! I also got a kick out of her Japanese background. Perhaps her meekness may have been influenced by her family and the way it was structured. Only her mother is ever shown or mentioned. What became of her dad, I wonder?

It's the same with Ianto... I gues we'll never know why he lied about his father.

Yano, I still don't quite understand why he was the tea boy for most of the show. Or why he was so sad in 'Greeks Bearing Gifts'. Ianto Jones is mysterious indeed.

One of the reasons I bought the novels, "The Torchwood Archives" and the encyclopedia was, that I hoped to find out more about them... things the writers had in theit heads, but didn't fit into the series without "And now I'm telling you my backstory!"-anvil.

Are the novels informative?
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 06:31:29 pm »

Hahaha, I haven't been very active in the forum, especially regarding this topic since I only just started!
Don't apologize for being excited. You two have dominated this thread long enough! Wink

Well, you are in the Top 5 regarding the post-count, if I remember correctly. ^^V
Make yourself at home, here have some virtual cookies. ^_^

Well, it's kind of a funny story. Okay, not really. I basically watched some of this season out of order when it first aired in the U.S. Now that I'm going in order, I'm only on episode...well, I forgot the number but believe it's called 'The Fires of Pompeii' or something. *is too lazy to look it up*

My first Doctor Who episode was "The Stolen Earth", so yeah... ^^; Oh and the title is correct. :3 So you're at the very beginning... and the Ood are next. Have fun and tell us about your impressions and such. °___°
Oh btw: Do you know what happens or are you completely unspoilered for everything? Just asking, because we've no spoiler-tags here and we wouldn't want to spoiler you, so we would write a warning first, before talking about something happening in season 5 and such.

Yano, I still don't quite understand why he was the tea boy for most of the show. Or why he was so sad in 'Greeks Bearing Gifts'. Ianto Jones is mysterious indeed.

Don't understand either... I mean- he worked for Torchwood 1. Was he a teaboy there, too? I understand Jacks reluctance in the beginning, beut, hello Ianto probably knew more of aliens than the other three together before they started working on Torchwood (even if he wasn't important in Torchwood 1). I would've liked to know more... u_u

Are the novels informative?

They're basically crack. (I do remember reading somewhere that Tosh got indeed a funeral, instead of just vanishing like the other dead Torchwood members in the past)... they contradict themselves -especially regarding the Jack/Ianto relationship- it differs from author to author if Jack just sleeps with him for the lulz while wanting Gwen and really being in love with Ianto. I go with the second option because:
1. It suits me more. XP
2. I informed myself before buying the books regarding this issue
3. I believe "The Torchwood Archives" was labeled as canon and there it's more than just f*cking (pardon my language^^;)... same with the radio plays.

...Yes I ignore everything I don't like if it's in the novels, cause they're not exactly canon, I just choose what to put into my personal head-canon to fill the blanks the series has left. ^____^v

In the end they're just fun (Ianto bein turned into a woman in one novel...*snort*) or kind of sad (foreshadowing the deaths in the series) and have some funny dialogues:

"Tosh gave me a thumps up. I like to think that's Kabuki for 'Yes.' and not 'We're all going to die in flame and devastation.'"

“And you know what we're up against here, don't you?”
“No, I don't. Don't say it, Jack. Don't use the “
“Zombies!” Jack exclaimed.
“zed word,” Ianto concluded miserably.”

“Woah there, Mr Testosterone,” Ianto said dryly, “There's no need to impress me with your crazy stunt driving.”

“Ianto scowled at him. “Shut up, Jack, and give me a hand here.”
Jack grinned and said to Sarah, “I love it when he's masterful””

“I'm always careful,” Jack said out of the corner of his mouth. “Just be ready with the handcuffs.”
“If I had a penny for every time you used that line,” Ianto deadpanned”

“Ianto looked pained, “I don't “scamper”. I stride. Briskly but with dignity.”

Yes I have some quotes stashed away just for occasions like this, why do you ask?

Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 07:12:36 pm »

Well, you are in the Top 5 regarding the post-count, if I remember correctly. ^^V
Make yourself at home, here have some virtual cookies. ^_^

Whoops, forgot to put lately. Wink
*noms on cookies*

My first Doctor Who episode was "The Stolen Earth", so yeah... ^^; Oh and the title is correct. :3 So you're at the very beginning... and the Ood are next. Have fun and tell us about your impressions and such. °___°

Will do. According to TV Tropes, there will be some body horror involved...o_o

btw: Do you know what happens or are you completely unspoilered for everything? Just asking, because we've no spoiler-tags here and we wouldn't want to spoiler you, so we would write a warning first, before talking about something happening in season 5 and such.

I don't know much about series 5 or the stand-alone episodes with the Tenth Doctor after series 4, so just give me the heads up by stating that you're referring to events in those episodes until I get there. I'll log my progress here if you'd like. Wink

Don't understand either... I mean- he worked for Torchwood 1. Was he a teaboy there, too? I understand Jacks reluctance in the beginning, beut, hello Ianto probably knew more of aliens than the other three together before they started working on Torchwood (even if he wasn't important in Torchwood 1). I would've liked to know more...u_u

And gods, I think his deadpan snarkery (I don't believe that's an actual word xD) would have been great for some of the missons. Smiley Bless you, Ianto, and your sardonic wit.

Yes I ignore everything I don't like if it's in the novels, cause they're not exactly canon,

That's the thing with novelizations of shows; quality and consistancy depend on the author, so it's a bit more loose tie-in, giving fans the freedom to ignore BS. I also agree that Jack/Ianto is a romantic relationship. I don't think Jack would have been so miserable in CoE if Ianto was merely his, ehem, 'live-in roomate.'

"Tosh gave me a thumps up. I like to think that's Kabuki for 'Yes.' and not 'We're all going to die in flame and devastation.'"

That is just brilliant. I can only assume that's Jack speaking. Who else would say something so jolly and ridiculous at the same time?

"I don't 'scamper'. I stride. Briskly but with dignity."

Okay, I could definitely see Ianto actually saying that. Such a wonderful quote it is. Cheesy

Yes I have some quotes stashed away just for occasions like this, why do you ask?

Oh good! A fellow quote stasher! Wink I do this all the time with novels. Usually with the more witty/comedic dialogue. I think I still have some of the ones I picked out from Cagebird and Burndive.
Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 07:57:10 pm »

Will do. According to TV Tropes, there will be some body horror involved...o_o

Oh, teh evöl page! Yeah, a little bit at the end.

I don't know much about series 5 or the stand-alone episodes with the Tenth Doctor after series 4, so just give me the heads up by stating that you're referring to events in those episodes until I get there. I'll log my progress here if you'd like. Wink

Okay^^. I curious what you'll think of Eleven (I love him and will state this fact frequently, just so you know XP).
Aye, log your progress here... so Grisel and I can talk about the episodes with you! °__°

And gods, I think his deadpan snarkery (I don't believe that's an actual word xD) would have been great for some of the missons. Smiley Bless you, Ianto, and your sardonic wit.

Pffffff as if I would never know if it's a real word or not (I'm just glad everyone seems to understand me)... but I think it's Buffy-speak. Cheesy
I'll miss the deadpan snarkery (if I ever going to watch season 4).

That's the thing with novelizations of shows; quality and consistancy depend on the author, so it's a bit more loose tie-in, giving fans the freedom to ignore BS. I also agree that Jack/Ianto is a romantic relationship. I don't think Jack would have been so miserable in CoE if Ianto was merely his, ehem, 'live-in roomate.'

I would definetly recommend the audio books read by Eve Myles and GDL. I *really* liked those. The one from Naoko Mori was good, too... Burn Gormans was a bit strange, though. (And I actually did find them online *cough*)

That is just brilliant. I can only assume that's Jack speaking. Who else would say something so jolly and ridiculous at the same time?

It was either Jack or Ianto. ^^

Oh good! A fellow quote stasher! Wink I do this all the time with novels. Usually with the more witty/comedic dialogue. I think I still have some of the ones I picked out from Cagebird and Burndive.

I used to have more... how funny of me to hide things from me on my own laptop. >__> (It's actually pretty organized, but Quote-files somehow disappear regularly -.-).
There are many funny quotes... like when Ianto becomes a woman and Jack is like "Ooooooh the possibilities..." und Ianto just like "...uhm no? Can we try to find a way to change me back right now? Kthx?" and Gwen is like "ARGH Ianto is prettier than me! ;o;"

Gwen had this wonderful sentence. I know it by heart cause I laughed so much: " Captain Jack Harkness! When will you learn that you can't solve a problem by shagging it?"

Oh wait, I just got the book from the shelf, and I'm going to quote the scene!
"Captain Jack Harkness!"she barked." When will you learn that you can't solve a problem by shagging it?"
"Hey!" said Jack, managing a shrug. "It's a one-size-fits-all solution!" His expression shifted under Ianto's basilisk glare.
"Ianto! This isn't what it looks like! Have you met my friends eric, Adam and Tristan, wasn't it?"
"Hi," said some voices.
"Nice to meet you, I'm shure," said Ianto crisply. "Do I actually ask for an explanation or just take pictures for the album?"
Jack cluckes, disapprovingly. "This genuinly isn't an orgy. We're simply fuelling a vastly complicated energy exchange through the violent excitation of our biomass."
[...]

This novel is pure crack, I tell you.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 05:23:07 am by Aziraphale » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: