Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jos' future?  (Read 3251 times)
bill_sanjose
Ritlua

« on: May 11, 2010, 03:23:03 pm »

Having finished Warchild for the third time I still find it powerful but unsettling wondering about Jos's possible future and wondered what others took away from the ending.
If it was 'between the lines' in the last pages I missed it (but sometimes I miss the obvious). I wish there had been an epilogue.
Can Jos ever recover from Falcone's abuse?  When he reunites with Niko after three years of separation he can't accept Niko's embrace - he can't even put his arms around Niko. Then before leaving to go after Falcone he corrects Niko, telling him "I'm not yours".
In the final paragraphs he says there will be opportunity to go to Aaian-na, but "that's not my place". After nine years Jos seems to be maturing but not recovering.

Does Jos ever heal and find love and happiness with Niko? Or with the Macedon jets?
What did Karin have in mind?
What do you think?
eternaleponine
Quartermaster
Ritlua

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 04:34:15 pm »

I would recommend reading at the very least Burndive, but probably Cagebird as well before engaging in that discussion with this group.  Those two go into some of what happens after Warchild, including an indication of Jos's future, even if they are not from his point of view. Cheesy
bill_sanjose
Ritlua

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 04:49:19 pm »

I have read them, but it was a number of years ago.
They are next up on my reading list.
I'm glad to hear there are glimpses of Jos that I've clearly
forgotten.  I recall relating more to Jos than Yuri or Ryan,
but they're all wonderful characters. 
Seeing the same scenes from multiple viewpoints was amazing.
It was one of those 'Wow' experiences.
Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: