Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats on your playlist?  (Read 7840 times)
MukiMichael
Ritlua

« on: April 15, 2010, 12:59:45 pm »

My CD collection is pretty extensive, with Jazz, Blues, and Hip Hop being the most represented. Lately I've been listening to Cat Power, David Bowie, and Bobby Blue Bland, working through they're albums and really looking to expand my tastes in music.

What are the most represented genres in your musical library? What genres do you want to get into and how extensive is your CD collection?
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 01:13:00 pm »

I own something like sixty CDs. I don't listen to them much anymore. More to the point, I have about 1000 mp3 files. Those I do listen to. It's mostly either hard rock or light alternative rock (I'm not a big fan of middle ground), with some hip hop and ethnic music thrown in. If you go over to the soundtrack thread in Warchild, it's pretty representative of my tastes...

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
MukiMichael
Ritlua

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 01:16:06 pm »

I have about 800 - 880 MP3's on my Ipod, working on adding more. I seem to be doing a lot of CD shopping lately, when I should be shopping for summer clothes.  Grin I have now 131 CD's, which I've been buying since 1997. 
Zodiac_Kitten
Buntla-na
Ritlua

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 01:23:11 pm »

I dont own any CDs anymore my music collection is about 10-13 gigs of mp3s..(probably close 5500 totall songs)

Mostly rock, country and pop.

Love classical, and country though the most, and rock if i'm in a mood, or want loud music to drown out things.
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 10:57:06 am »

I seem to be stuck a little bit with the music of my youth (1990ies), grunge, alternative, rock, ... not exactly sure how to file most of them. My favorite bands, like most of the things I love, are a very crazy mixture.
What all of them have in common are singers with gorgeous (at least for me!) voices. Even when I discover new stuff it is usually elder stuff I just had not known before.
I am a very old fashioned girl and just bought my very first MP3 player at the tender age of almost 34 to have sth to listen to in the gym. I love my about 100 CDs.
mocknot
Ritlua

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 08:32:40 pm »

Most of what I listen to could be classified as alt/indi rock, with a bit of Celtic here and there. I listen to quite a bit of internet radio (though my favorite station, WOXY.com seems to have died yet again, :sobs:) and have a rhapsody account, so I don't really have a huge permanent collection of music, but since I tend to use my computer like a radio anyways it doesn't matter.
Otter
Ritlua

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 09:19:36 pm »

Lately it's been a good deal of classic rock since I'm picking up guitar in my spare time, so naturally I need to belt out a couple classic rock classics Tongue

Also artists like E.S. Posthumous, Vangelis, and movie soundtracks (i.e. Danny Elfman's themes from the recent Batman movies!)

And yes, I use pandora for most of this =)

Yes, we are part of this universe.  We are in this universe.  But perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the universe is in us.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 04:03:49 pm »

I love E.S. Posthumous! And movie soundtracks too. I really love orchestral/choral/epic music, especially if Hans Zimmer is involved. Smiley

I listen to a lot of movie soundtracks, choral music, indie/alternative (which is a really broad catagory), "world" music, and other miscalleneous genres thrown in there too.
MukiMichael
Ritlua

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 11:19:16 pm »

Anyone like Fiona Apple's music? I recently purchased Tidal and When The Pawn... and love them both. Haven't picked up Extrodinary Machine yet.
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 11:35:02 am »

Anyone like Fiona Apple's music? I recently purchased Tidal and When The Pawn... and love them both. Haven't picked up Extrodinary Machine yet.

Fiona Apple is awesome. I love Tidal.

If anyone's on last.fm, I'm on there too.

Aziraphale
Ki'redan

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 04:16:17 pm »

Hm,... I'm not the CD-person (I have perhaps... 10? And all of them were gifts). I'm actually not even a radio person... but I listen to music when I have to drive by bus. It relaxes me... I'm one of the weird persons without a favourite artist. I like the song(s) but I've zero interest in the person. Most of the time I actually don't know who wrote/sings the song, because I choose the songs on my mp3-player because they remember me of something (a dream, a book, a tv-series) and many of them are actually opening songs of anime or soundtracks from movies/tv series. When I listen to them, I can think of the characters and dream. Many of the songs are in japanese, which I don't understand (except for some random words) but for me it's about the feeling... the melody.

At the moment I trie to get this song out of my system: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcsAfgum5qI&feature=related
Not everyones taste, but it kind of calms me down.

I do like other music, though. 'Show must go on' from Queen gets me everytime and even enjoy Beethoven and Mozart sometimes. And I adore musical-songs... I *love* 'Defying Gravity' and 'Gold von den Sternen' (with english subtitles Cheesy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Rz09gbAfc )
I do listen to the latest pop-music but not many of these songs find a place on my mp3-player... (except when they're sung by the cast of Glee appearantly. Well, some of them.)

TOTALLY RANDOM:
Everytime I read the scene in Burndice where Ashrafi tells us Cairo used to throw the cutlery, I have to think of Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji, who tends to kill people by throwing cutlery. *cough* -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B084zv59WwA&feature=related
And since I like the song I felt the urge to tell you. Don't mind me. XP
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:25:40 am by Aziraphale » Logged

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. No one can prove anything.
Xylifrost
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 07:12:37 am »

Has anybody made a custom GB related music playlist to have playing while they are either online or offline? I love playing both the RGB themesong and the Slimer&RGB themes when trapping some spooks. I also played the Shandor Castle sewers listenin to The Boogieman by Tahiti.

Dont get me wrong, the music in the game is great. I havent heard any score or music from GB II yet though. I thought there was supposed to be some from GB II?
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 03:12:10 am »

As I am going to the concert tomorrow here in Vienna, since yesterday I am only listening to New Order, with a little bit of Joy Division added. To think that I only discovered both of them a few months ago!
I am very much looking forward to tomorrow, especially as it has been ages since I have been to a concert and the last one were the very disappointing 30stm two years ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: