Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Warchild your favourite of the "trilogy"?  (Read 5795 times)
MukiMichael
Ritlua

« on: April 08, 2010, 05:56:35 am »

After having read and re-read all three books multiple times over the years Warchild is still my favourite book out of the three. The characters, set pieces, and the narrative are, in my opinion, far superior than the other two books.

How do you rank Warchild among the other books?
Khantael
Ritlua

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 05:58:32 am »

Hmm... I really adore Warchild, but I also love Ryan's sarcasm in Burndive so they're pretty close together for me. I think Burndive was winning out for me last time, but Warchild might just be pushing on top again...
grisel
Corporal
Kii'redan

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:37:51 am »

I don't know if it's because it's the first one, but, yes, "Warchild" still is my favorite. But at the same time, I think "Cagebird" is the best one so far. Most beloved and best is not automatically the same for me. But that's not to say that I don't like "Burndive". They are all great and all very much loved.
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 03:28:59 pm »

I love Warchild, it's my favorite book and I think it has the best plot and best main character (you can't not love Jos) and, for that matter, the best supporting characters. Cagebird comes second and I think the writing is the best in Cagebird, plus I really like the whole inside-view-of-the-pirate-world thing and Yuri's internal monologue is fantastic. I love Burndive, too, but it takes up third. I'm fond of Ryan, but he isn't as sympathetic as the other too and the plot isn't as exciting. Of course, I think they're all great and love them very much. But yes, Warchild is my favorite of the trilogy. 

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Otter
Ritlua

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 07:58:35 pm »

Agh, it's so hard to say which is my favorite, because that puts the others at a lower level, which I don't consent to at all!  I love each of the books for different reasons, but I guess if I had to pick it would in fact be Warchild.  If someone were to point an LP-150 at my head and say "Mano, pick one of those 3 to read again," I would probably pick Warchild first, if that's any indicator.  Like you, Ritla, I just eat up the plot and love it.

I could also argue that it depends on my mood over which one I enjoy more.  There are some instances when I wanted to revisit all the striv moments, so Warchild is the choice book for that, and then there are other moments where I'm feeling some time with Cairo, so then Burndive, and when I'm feeling some piracy and more insight on Falcone and Genghis Khan, then Cagebird.

I don't think I'm choosing Warchild under the bias that it was the first I read, and I certainly hope not, but Warchild has my vote!

Yes, we are part of this universe.  We are in this universe.  But perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the universe is in us.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Karin Low
Kia'redan Bae
Global Moderator
Kii'redan

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 02:13:07 pm »

where I'm feeling some time with Cairo

Otter, Cairo says he would be happy to have some time with you too. Maybe at a gun range!

Otter
Ritlua

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 01:22:42 pm »

Haha just made my day  Grin

Yes, we are part of this universe.  We are in this universe.  But perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the universe is in us.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson
ErretsGirl
Striviirc-na
Ritlua

wicked witch of old europe

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 08:11:16 am »

Warchild will always the no1 for me. the martial arts, the drama, the character development, everything about it.
I rarely re-read books but that one I have so many times that my copy is beyond frayed.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 09:15:40 am »

I agree with ErretsGirl that Warchild will always be my number one because it had practically everything I could ask for in a novel. But I love Burndive a lot and Cagebird grew on me, too, so Warchild is only slightly more favored in my eyes. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: