Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hooking a reader  (Read 10426 times)
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 08:54:17 am »

Lol. Interesting statistics there... did you take time to calculate that out?  Grin

That does seem like a good system, but alas, I can't. Most of my friends don't like the same sort of books that I like. I have one friend that does, but I've read many more books than she has, so I'm the one always making recommendations to her (including the Warchild books, of course). I've got no one else who reads sci-fi and those that read fantasy are either into the romantic ones or the vampire and/or fairy varieties. It is most unfortunate.  Sad

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Shaz
Jii-klala
Ritlua

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 12:18:33 pm »

It's funny how often that happens, isn't it? And yes, I recommend Warchild often.  Our school had posters of teachers posing with their favorite book. I chose Warchild. I wonder if it's still there.

Baby Blog: http://thetinyoverlord.blogspot.com/

Science Blog: http://rdascience.blogspot.com/

I am made of the stuff of the stars, and the oceans flow through my veins
Ritla
Deity
Ka'redan

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 06:06:24 pm »

That's excellent... my school had one of those, which is how I ended up picking up Ayn Rand's books, but I don't think any of my teachers in high school liked sci-fi, either... so, no Warchild.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Andtheodyssey
Po'trii
Ka'redan

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 07:44:25 pm »

I occasionally find good reads through recommendations, but it really depends on the genre. It also depends on whether or not I actually seek the book out after a friend has mentioned it. I generally find things by browsing through the library, which is usually my best bet for finding great books, such as Warchild. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: